Question

number not transferred correctly

• 9 August 2023
  • 4 replies

I have followed your instructions to change the number in settings but it simple doesn’t allow me to save. Both my previous number I chose to carry over is connecting when people try to call me although, when I call them it displays a new number the one I cannot amend in phone. Again, I have followed all the instructions provided and getting quite frustrated as cannot seem to contact you bia phone. Pls assist asap. Thanks Daisy 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Daisy Maher 

What instructions have you followed? Have you tried resetting network settings?

What date was your number to be ported over? Has it completed?

Tom

The transfer of old numbers seem to be a continuing problem with id.    Is this problem going  to be solved anytime soon. ? I took out  a contract with id yesterday and was told this number change would take 4-8hours.at Currys Ipswich, the contract says it will be transferred within 24 hours.  But 24 hours has been and gone, 

Is this just a load of flannel they give new customers or what???

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The transfer of old numbers seem to be a continuing problem with id.    Is this problem going  to be solved anytime soon. ? I took out  a contract with id yesterday and was told this number change would take 4-8hours.at Currys Ipswich, the contract says it will be transferred within 24 hours.  But 24 hours has been and gone, 

Sounds like the staff in Currys might be at fault here @N SIMPSON

Mobile number portability is regulated by OFCOM.
Number transfers are supposed to happen within 1-working day of submitting a PAC to iD Mobile, which have provided the following online guidance: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @N SIMPSON,

As mentioned by @andewhite  you may have been miss-advised here as ports are regularted and we have time-frames of 1-working day.

The table above linked shows completions based on when it was submitted.

If you selected a date at purchase, then it’s going to be different.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?