Question

number port issues

Userlevel 1

Ported my number from smarty to id mobile today

now I have no Mobile data and it is still showing the phone number that came with the phone and not my ported number.

cant change the number in settings, phone, my number as it just reverts back to the other number when you try to save it.

tried iMessage and Facebook off and reboot and amend as per above but no joY.

How do I get the phone to take my ported number?

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET @Oliver Iles

Your handset user guide usually explains how to do this. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks - no, how do I do that?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The user guide for your mobile phone will explain how to do a NETWORK RESET @Oliver Iles.

Userlevel 1

Thanks - did that. It now has the correct number - which is a step forward, thank you. but still have no mobile data and no one can call me. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps your number port hasn’t been fully completed yet @Oliver Iles

iD Mobile advise the number transfer takes place between 8am - 10pm. 

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/switching-to-idmobile

Userlevel 1

Thanks, still no mobile data or calls facility this morning

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Oliver Iles, is the correct number is shown in the following iPhone settings:

• Settings > AppleID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email
    (check the EMAIL & PHONE NUMBERS section)
  • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive
    (check the YOU CAN RECEIVE IMESSAGES TO AND REPLY FROM section)
  • Settings > FaceTime
    (check the YOU CAN BE REACHED BY FACETIME AT section)

If the number is correct, then your iD SIM card might be faulty, or your switch from Three to iD has not been completed correctly.

I’d suggest contacting customer support using the iD Live Chat service, or send a private message through Facebook Messenger or X (Twitter) DM.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Oliver Iles, thanks for getting in touch.

If your number is now reflecting correctly in your settings, then we’ll need to take a closer look at whether the number has ported over successfully, or if you have a faulty SIM. 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

Details sent via PM - hope you can get me working 

Userlevel 1

That’s day 2 nearly over and still no mobile  data or phone call facility - feeling frustrated - you’d think porting was a well tried and tested process 

Userlevel 1

Saturday and still no data or calls facility - wonder what I am paying for exactly?

Userlevel 1

It’s Sunday and no update, communication or fix from ID mobile - useless.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It’s Sunday and no update, communication or fix from ID mobile - useless.

Unfortunately, the number porting team don’t work at weekends @Oliver Iles, which I suspect is the same for all UK mobile networks.

This forum is also the slowest way of communicating with iD Mobile, as iD read posts once a day, sometimes less frequently. If you’re exchanging private messages via this forum, communications will be even slower still.

If you’re still within your cooling off period, perhaps consider returning your order items and leave iD Mobile for another provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Oliver Iles,

We are replying to all PM’s as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?