Number port to ID from Three

Hi,

What is the longest people have waited to have their number transferred to iD from Three?
I have been waiting near 2 weeks now and the complaints team are as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Can’t tell me anything, they can’t even get a response from their own head office! Unfortunately I'm stuck with iD now until my number transfers otherwise I will loose it completely. Comments welcome please.

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Doesn’t sound great @SamCar96.

OFCOM say you get compensation for each day the transfer is delayed, which is the only stick you’ve got unfortunately.

iD Mobile are 100% responsible for getting the transfer competed within one working day, but if it’s been 2-weeks it appears they don’t care. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SamCar96 

I’m sorry to hear this, have the complaints team mentioned why the port is taking so long?

We would recommend keeping in contact with them about this.

Tom

@Tom complaints team and head office are aware but information is not coming. They can't give me any answers. Complaints team can't even get a reply from head office. That tells you it all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SamCar96 

Okay, we’d recommend keeping in contact with the complaints team for information about your port.

Tom

Hi @Tom I have spoke to complaints team everyday this week and I still get the same answer. It's with technical team we don't know what's going on or they say they are waiting on the donor network to send stuff over. I've spoke to donor network 3 time who say it's all been sent. Unbelievably bad service!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SamCar96,

We are sorry to hear this.

It sounds like a delay with the file exchange.

Our Complaints Team will keep you updated as they receive further information.

Hopefully it shouldn’t be too long but if you need any assistance in the meantime, you can get back to us here.

Thanks for your patience.

Kash

FINALLY after 3 weeks I eventually had my number port completed! What a mess!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

FINALLY after 3 weeks I eventually had my number port completed! What a mess!

You’re entitled to compensation, from iD, for every day the number transfer was delayed - that’s stated in the OFCOM rules on mobile number portability.

@andewhite Yea I contacted them for compensation and the gave me full month. I had reported them to ofcom after few days of not transfering. The complaints team were useless. I phoned every day and all they kept saying was, it's been referred to our technical team and they are awaiting files from donor network….

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like iD didn’t do a great job - iD customers deserve better.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SamCar96,

Glad to hear that it is resolved for you now.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?