Number says unknown after porting to new device

• 15 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello. I recently bought two phones and a new contracts with iD Mobile. I ported over both numbers. One of the phones seems to have worked okay. However, on my Pixel 7 Pro, my phone is saying unknown number in sim slot 1.This is causing issues because my bank and also what's app cannot verify my phone number nor can they send sms messages. I have read so much online about trying to solve this. How do I get my ported over number to show on my phone? I have also read that Pixel 7 Pro is not on the verified list of phones that your network supports? If that is the case, why did you sell me the phone and contract? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @speedomes,

Welcome to the Community!

What happens when you insert the SIM into a different handset?

Have you tried to reset your network settings and update the number via your settings?

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi, the issue is resolved now thanks. It was because the number hadn't been fully ported, only partially. However the number still doesn't show but at least im getting text messages now. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @speedomes 

Could you let us know what you mean by partially ported?

When you call outbound to someone, does the correct number show on their side?

The Pixel 7 Pro is on our supported handset list.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Chat said they were waiting on some files that hadn't been fully ported. It's all done now. Number has appeared.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @speedomes 

Sorry to hear you were subject to a port file delay but glad to hear that’s sorted now.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?