Question

Number Switch and poor Signal

• 4 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi There,

I just swapped over to you from Vodaphone and submitted my PAC code, today is the day you said you would swap my number and it hasn't happened. I have looked at the community and can see this is a very common problem for people joining ID so can you please let me know what's happening as I need the number moved asap for work.

I have also just been outside with three bars of 4g but not been able to even load a web page. The coverage map says I shouldn't have a problem indoors or outdoors in my area, is this the norm?

7 replies

Great the number has moved over, would you still be able to let me know if not being able to browse the network with 4g is normal, it says no network connection with two bars of 4g when on a browser

Below is the network info for my area and a pic of my phone with 4g unable to connect to the network.

it may look like its loading but it didn't it went to a no connection page.

Nev mind helps if i look

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You may see that message for longer than expected @roanbp - I’ve had similar message at my postcode for 9+ months now. 

Other similar topics in this forum suggest Three UK are upgrading their backhaul network, in order to support more traffic after 3G switch-off, and the subsequent increase in demand for 4G VoLTE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @roanbp 

Sorry to see there’s an outage in the area of OX13UQ, Three UK are aware and working on a fix here. It’s worth noting that if you are connecting the 5G to switch to 4G instead as this will be a more reliable connection generally in the area and might help here.

How long have you been having issues here?

Tom

Hi i have only been using 4g, i joined last week and have been having issues since joining :) thank you for your replys.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @roanbp,

Welcome to the Community!

I would advise checking the coverage map and network status using the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage#coverage-info

If no issues are showing it may be worth testing the SIM in a different handset.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?