Solved

old number not returning

• 7 January 2023
  • 8 replies

I entered and received my completion for my pac code on December 25th 2022. I seen on the ID website that obviously due to it being Xmas that it will not be fully transferred over until 29th of December 2022. It is now 7th of January 2023 I have had no change what so ever to my old phone number coming back or 4G working. I need this resolved and my old number back on this sim asap as I need my number to access Uni work and other services. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 January 2023, 15:03

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Steffan Roberts 

That’s very odd indeed as it should not have taken this long.

It would sound like this request may not have been received if it’s been this long to process.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Hi I seem to be having the same issue.

swapped from O2 to ID earlier this month and went through the whole process of keeping my old number, but all of my contacted are still seeing my temporary number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @euan_wilmot,

Is this for calls or texts or both?

Could you clarify further so we can troubleshoot.

Mohammed

Hi,

It is for both. The ID app states my number has been transferred successfully however every person in my contacts is still receiving my calls and messages from the temporary number ID provided before the switch.

Hey @euan_wilmot,

Is this for calls or texts or both?

Could you clarify further so we can troubleshoot.

Mohammed

It is for both. The ID app states my number has been transferred successfully however every person in my contacts is still receiving my calls and messages from the temporary number ID provided before the switch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@euan_wilmot,

If the port has completed it may be a matter of updating the number on the handset, usually under the ‘my number section’.

It’s always worth restarting the handset and resetting your network settings after the port.

However if you still have issues it may be an issue with the port which needs to be looked at further. Let us know here and we can PM you and assist you from there.

Kash

@euan_wilmot,

If the port has completed it may be a matter of updating the number on the handset, usually under the ‘my number section’.

It’s always worth restarting the handset and resetting your network settings after the port.

However if you still have issues it may be an issue with the port which needs to be looked at further. Let us know here and we can PM you and assist you from there.

Kash

This has made things worse, now they’re all receiving messages from my iCloud email even after setting up the transferred number.

can you sort this out please, not a great start with you guys. I was told it was a simple swap and this whole thing has taken about 2 weeks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@euan_wilmot,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?