Solved

Old number transfer

• 1 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Hi! 

so my iPhone 13 arrived (hoorah) and yesterday I submitted my PAC code on the ID form and had confirmation that my number would transfer over (this is my business number so extremely important it doesn’t change). I was told it could take up to 24hours for my sim to activate. My sim has now activated, however my old number has not come with it. I cannot request a new PAC from Vodafone as they have cancelled my contract due to the initial request of a PAC. 

Any help would be really appreciated. Obviously extremely worried as I have this number printed on vehicles, clothing etc. 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 2 October 2021, 14:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Requesting and receiving of a PAC does not cancel an existing contract/service. That only happens once the port has been completed. You did submit a PAC and not a STAC right? A STAC is used when you don’t want to transfer an existing number but have the account closed instead.

Yes it was definitely a PAC, I have checked the text I sent to receive the code. All I know is my PAC code says it’s only valid for the day it was requested, and since that request obviously wasn’t granted I now can’t use that code, and my old sim with my old number is no longer working. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

A PAC code is valid for 30 days. Once you submit the PAC, it cannot be used again.

So to clarify, you gave ID Mobile the PAC on Thursday? At what time did you submit the request? It has to be submitted before 5.30pm (I think) in order for the port to go through on Friday. If it was submitted after this time, the port will be completed on Monday.

However, it is odd that your old SIM is no longer working. Best if a member of the ID Mobile forum team take a look at your account and confirm that everything looks good their end 

I submitted it just after that time on Thursday so that makes sense. 

very relieved, thank you for responding 

Userlevel 1

I have gave you my pac code I set up my new phone yesterday how long does it take for my old number to start working 

I have gave you my pac code I set up my new phone yesterday how long does it take for my old number to start working 

I wouldn’t hold your breath- mine took over 3 months. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mark Dunbar,

Depending on when you gave us the PAC code it would usually take 1 working day. Please see below for more detailed timescales.

Give us your PAC by: Date you'll switch to iD:

Monday before 5:30 pm

Tuesday

Monday after 5:30pm to Tuesday before 5:30pm

Wednesday

Tuesday after 5:30 pm to Wednesday before 5:30 pm

Thursday

Wednesday after 5:30 pm to Thursday before 5:30 pm

Friday

Thursday after 5:30 pm to Friday before 5:30 pm

Monday

Friday after 5:30 pm to Monday 5:30pm

Tuesday

Userlevel 1

I gave you my pac code 2 weeks ago my old number has still not transferred what's going on please help me

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mark Dunbar,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?