Question

PAC Switch Did Not Work

Hi,

I was supposed to switch from my old provider on 30th May. On that day my old phone stopped working as expected. I did not receive any texts on my new phone saying the PAC Transfer had been successful, but later that day I tried using my new phone and found I could dial someone and text someone but that I was unable to receive calls or text messages.

Since then I have been backwards and forwards with ID Mobile via Facebook Messenger and each time they are blaming my old provider saying that they did not receive all the required files and that it how now been escalated to 3. 

This is now becoming a major issue as I have basically not had a working phone for a week and ID Mobile have not been able to give me any indication on how long this matter will take to resolve.

If I don’t get this resolved in the next 24 / 36 hours I will be cancelling my contract and returning the phone. 

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @dxcox 

I’m sorry to hear this, unfortunately awaiting the files from the previous network is all we can await at this time, if you’re already in contact with the social media team I’d recommend sticking with us there so we can continue to chase and update you on this.

Tom

Hi Tom,

This answer was not that helpful. I have now been without a working phone for over a week and all I get is advice to wait until my previous supplier sends the files. Even through I contact the social media team every 24 hours I just get the same information i.e. there is no update and they are unable to tell me if my previous supplier has been in contact or how often they are chasing this if at all.

I am now stuck in limbo land with no working phone, no timescales to get it fixed or any type of plan on how to get the matter resolved.

I really regret switching now…...this has been a nightmare experience.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Tom,

This answer was not that helpful. I have now been without a working phone for over a week and all I get is advice to wait until my previous supplier sends the files. Even through I contact the social media team every 24 hours I just get the same information i.e. there is no update and they are unable to tell me if my previous supplier has been in contact or how often they are chasing this if at all.

I am now stuck in limbo land with no working phone, no timescales to get it fixed or any type of plan on how to get the matter resolved.

I really regret switching now…...this has been a nightmare experience.

Unfortunately @dxcox, the only ‘stick’ you’ve got is compensation for the delay transferring the number you wanted to keep from Three UK to iD Mobile. 

The industry regulator (OFCOM) says you’re entitled to compensation for each day the transfer is delayed - I’m sure you’d rather the number you wanted to keep worked with your iD SIM card though. 

48hrs later and still no progress.

Now in contact with the ‘Complaints’ team. Was offered some small monetary compensation but all I want is the matter fixed.

Its now 10 days without a working phone without any progress from what I can see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @dxcox 

I’m sorry you didn’t find my answer helpful, I’d recommend keeping contact with the social media team or complaints team about this so they can keep you updated.

Tom

That's the problem Tom, 10 days after raising there are no updates. Just the fact that its still not fixed. No estimate on when if might be resolved, if they have had any acknowledgement from the previous supplier who they are saying is at fault, what the next steps are.

NOTHING.

Just expect me to wait indefinitely.

Took a week for my number to change   and when it eventually changed it showed I had used 2.5 GB of data in a phone that had been sat in house gathering dust.  Reply from id is " you must have used it ".  My other network (voxi) uses 2.5/3.0 GB a month.     Something not right

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Took a week for my number to change   and when it eventually changed it showed I had used 2.5 GB of data in a phone that had been sat in house gathering dust.  Reply from id is " you must have used it ".  My other network (voxi) uses 2.5/3.0 GB a month.     Something not right

Could it be iD Mobile used the mobile data usage values from VOXI, when they transferred the number you wanted to keep to your iD SIM card?

No. I still had nearly 10gb on voxi as had to renew package as it took a week for id to switch number

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Nigel Pyle - you’d like to believe all the mobile service providers were efficient & effective transferring numbers between providers.

They’re members of The UK Mobile Number Portability Operator Steering Group (‘MNP OSG’), setup for handing the OFCOM rules & regulations governing mobile number portability.

https://mnposg.org.uk/

I had 3 different days that the swap would be made      it was 3rd time lucky for me until I seen how much data I had used when not using phone lol 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Nigel Pyle phones use data in the background and this includes apps downloading data/updates so this could be a factor.

If the phone was switched off then this is not possible as there is no connection to a network made.

@dxcox what have you been advised by the Team? Is this due to a delax in the file exchange? Which is when we’re still waiting for files from the donor network? This is out of our control and we can only but chase for this but can’t provide a ETA.

Kind Regards

Mohammed

I have  been told to just wait. I have been given no update since the issue was apparently raised on the 1st of June. Just a consistent answer of its with the Tech Team and they will contact you when its resolved.

No update to say ‘we chased again today’, ‘its been escalated to **** management’. Nothing…..

Its ID Mobiles responsibility to resolve this even if the fault is not with them as they see it. The one person who is being inconvenienced here is me. Nobody can serious expect me just to hang on day after day with no progress being made and a phone that cannot accept incoming calls, texts or fully working apps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @dxcox 

I’d recommend keeping in contact with the social media team so that when there is an update they can provide they can provide it, we’d love to fix everything with the click of a button but unfortunately it just isn’t possible.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?