Solved

Phone not able to make or recieve calls

Userlevel 1

My phone is not able to make or receive calls in my home where I have two bars of signal. My husband, also on ID mobile, has no issue in exactly the same location. 

Phone is able to make and receive calls outside although connection is still very poor. 

icon

Best answer by Lizzy123 1 June 2023, 12:06

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If your husband has no issues and you do, then it could be down to a faulty SIM or faulty handset.

My advice would be to try your SIM on your husband's handset. If the problem still exists, then get a replacement SIM and this should fix the issue. 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Lizzy123,

What @WelshPaul  suggested was going to be my next suggestion.

Can you try swapping SIM cards and testing for us and let us know the results.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed,

I’ve now tried this and my SIM works fine in my husband’s phone so must be an issue with my handset. Is it possible to be sent a new one?

Thanks,

Lizzy

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Where and when did you get the handset @Lizzy123?

Userlevel 1

From ID mobile in mid March but the issue has been there from the start. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Is it an iPhone? If it is, then it will be quicker to get it repaired/replaced by going direct through Apple. Failing that, take it to your local Curry’s store and they will arrange for it to be repaired/replaced under warranty.

Userlevel 1

Thanks - actually taking the SIM out and putting it back in again seems to have resolved the issue!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

There might have been some dirt or grime on the SIM or SIM slot pins that got removed when removing and reinserting the SIM. Anyway, happy to read that it’s working now! 👍🏻

My phone is not able to make or receive calls in my home where I have two bars of signal. My husband, also on ID mobile, has no issue in exactly the same location. 

Phone is able to make and receive calls outside although connection is still very poor. 

I am having the same problem.  The Chatbot/person asked me to try different things but still it does not work.  Is there another way to contact Customer Support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lizzy123 

Glad to hear it was a simple fix, let us know if you need support with anything else.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Hideho0000 

I’m sorry to hear this, have you tried removing and reinserting the SIM card to test?

Are you able to try your SIM card in the device the other user is having better results with to test?

Tom

Hi @Tom 

Yes I removed SIM card and rebooted  and rebooted again after putting it back.

What other device?  I have a new phone and my old phone number and details switched to the new phone. 

I can send text and make calls now but I still cannot receive any calls on my new phone. 

I have tried the SIM card removal and reboot many times.

People trying to call my number - receive a message “you have dialled an incorrect number”.

I’ve heard that IDmobile have informed Three.  Three network is caused the technical problem on the 31st May. I wonder how many people were affected by this.

I will update here when the problem is fixed.

Still having problems - day 3 - not able to receive some text messages.  😪

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Hideho0000 

I can see that we’re in private messages with you about this, we’ll update you there when possible.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?