Question

phone number trasnfer has partially worked.

• 30 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Whilst I must say the lack of human interaction makes fixing an issue increasingly harder. 

when I received the phone I wanted to transfer my old number to the new phone. I went through the whole process with certain codes and was told that I’d have to wait a certain amount of time until it was finished. I received confirmation that my old number had been transferred. However that is partially true, when I send text messages it says they have not been sent but they do send, sometimes my number comes up to other people as the number that came with the new phone and sometimes it comes up as my old phone number. 

I cannot see anywhere any valuable information on getting this resolved, I can’t access my account because it says the details I’ve entered are incorrect even when using the two different phone numbers. 

I need to get this sorted. I want to use ONLY my old phone number and not the one that came with the phone. 

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Finn Harris, this can happen if you’ve used the new phone with the iD SIM card before the number you wanted to keep was transferred to iD Mobile.

Depending on whether you’ve got a new iPhone or Android device, perhaps Apple or Google might still have your device linked to the initial iD number for iMessage or RCS, instead of recognising your iD SIM card’s mobile number has changed.

Sometimes a NETWORK RESET fixes this issue -  the handset user guide usually explains how to do this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Finn Harris 

Are you on an iPhone or Android?

Tom

I am using an iPhone an iPhone 14 pro, old phone was an iPhone XR 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am using an iPhone an iPhone 14 pro, old phone was an iPhone XR 

Is the number you wanted to keep and use with your iPhone 14 still linked to your iPhone XR @Finn Harris?

When you login with your AppleID at https://appleid.apple.com/sign-in, you can check what mobile numbers are linked to your Apple devices, and adjust if required?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Finn Harris 

Please try the following;

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?