Question

Poor call quality on incoming calls

• 7 June 2023
  • 8 replies

I have been experiencing poor call quality when I accept a call from my partner, but when I call him back the call quality is greatly improved. This has only become an issue since I switched to ID mobile. What is the issue here? 

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you using an iD Mobile approved handset @hardingsmithel?

See iD’s approved list at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

Unfortunately the link you sent doesn't work. I am using a Huawei honor 20.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @hardingsmithel, just be sure you’re NOT signed-in to the iD community when you use the link.

The iD website sometimes doesn’t work when you’re signed-in to the iD community, with your community account. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The iD website doesn’t work if you’re signed-in to the iD community, with your community account. 

FYI - The iD website does work if one is signed-in to their iD community account @andewhite. It’s only when you check the “Remember me” option when signing in to your iD community account that the iD website fails to work.

Thanks @andewhite . The honor 20 is an approved handset according to the list, so that shouldn't be the issue... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @hardingsmithel 

Are you having this issue in certain areas or all areas?

Are you able to try the iD Mobile SIM card in another device to test there?

Tom

Hi @Tom I have only tried one area, so I am not sure if it is a regional issue. I do not have another device to try. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @hardingsmithel,

What’s the full postcode of the impacted area?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?