Solved

Poor network coverage in Glasgow

• 6 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Is any one else experiencing network issues with ID? I live in the G52 area and work in the city centre, in both areas the signal is very poor sometimes I have half a bar and sometimes none, when at home I have to go outside. I've never had any issues with my old network providers Vodafone and Tesco. I have been with ID six weeks and beginning to wish I hadn't changed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 6 October 2023, 13:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like signal reception on the Three network (the iD Mobile network partner) isn’t great in your area @Les Gossink. 

Vodafone and Tesco use different mobile network infrastructure and different parts of the radio frequency spectrum allocated for mobile networks, so their coverage at your location may be much better. 

If you’ve got a home Wi-Fi network and a handset that supports WiFi Calling, the iD WiFi Calling service might solve the weak signal issues at home @Les Gossink. 

I rely on the WiFi Calling service at my location, because I’m in a mobile not-spot.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Les Gossink

@andewhite is correct here, it sounds like 3UK is not as strong in your local area which could be why the coverage is affected.

It’s also worthwhile checking to see if there is any maintenance or unplanned outage in your local area as this could be causing an impact with the levels of coverage: http://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

If you have a compatible handset, you should be able to use WiFi Calling to boost the signal when connected to a WiFi network. This will help eliminate Blackspots: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

-Lauren

Thanks for the help, I was a bit wary of wifi calling as I was unsure how it worked, I'll set my handset up for that and that should help at home. Sadly for 40 hours a week my phone is used as a paperweight as I can't connect to anything in Glasgow City Chambers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Les Gossink,

Hopefully the Wi-Fi calling option will allow you to make calls again.

Let us know if you managed to check the network status to see if any work is being carried out.

If there is work being performed in the area, we can check it out with the team to see when it will complete.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?