Question

poor signal DE7 9LD

Hi I’m having really poor signal quality in DE7 9LD. Are there any reported issues with signal? Thanks 

20 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Why not check ID’s network coverage page yourself, for your post code?

Is it a live page? Does that tell you about current issues with signal and associated problems? 

Thanks for the tip 🤷🏻😂

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support @Jamie jmee
🤞 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jamie jmee,

Welcome to the Community!

I can’t see any issues at your location and the coverage seems to be good.

Has the coverage improved since you last posted or are you still having the issues?

It may be worth trying a different network SIM in the handset and a iD SIM in a different handset also.

Please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Thanks I’ll try both of those things and see

I’ve got two ID mobile contracts and they’ve both been poor signal at home. 

everywhere else locally it’s not bad. 

It just seems to be on the large housing estate where I live. Quite poor really 

So today on the Shipley view estate in Ilkeston DE7 9LD I have one bar of signal and no 4G or not enough to use my data. 

is this going to get any better despite trying the solutions people have offered or is this as good at it gets? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve got a Wi-Fi network at home, then perhaps you can use the iD WiFi Calling service @Jamie jmee.

I live in a mobile not-spot, with zero indoor coverage, but the WiFi Calling service works great and allows me to call and text over my home Wi-Fi network.

The problem is my WiFi is 4G and that’s on ID mobile so signal is really poor in the Shipley view estate DE7 9LD Ilkeston 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD mobile network offers 3G, 4G and 5G radio access network services @Jamie jmee

Wi-Fi networking isn’t a service iD, or any of the UK mobile network operators, offer from their network of cell masts/towers, for customers.

If you’ve got landline home broadband, your broadband router probably provides a Wi-Fi network you can use at home. 

No I use a 4G SIM card in a router and use that as WiFi it’s a pretty simple concept. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Jamie jmee, I guess you’ll already know that iD Mobile only support use of their SIM cards in mobile phones. 

You might need to change your SIM provider, if the indoor signal on the Three network (the iD Mobile network partner) is weak in your home.

The https://mastdata.com website seems to be a useful online resource, showing actual signal reception in many locations throughout the UK.
🤞

Well I use one in my phone which is poor as well. That’s pretty poor show all round for both and the WiFi router actually boost the signal so it should be better which it’s not. 

it’s a shame really as off the Shipley view estate signal is good! 

Hi 👋 poor signal LE9 9PT anyone can help 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi 👋 poor signal LE9 9PT anyone can help 

What mobile network are you using @Lyn Yavuz

Is the problem happening indoors or outdoors, or both indoors & outdoors?

Is the problem at the postcode given, or in other areas too?

Both indoors outdoors using ID sim inserted with my iPhone 14

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Both indoors outdoors using ID sim inserted with my iPhone 14

At one location, or in several different locations @Lyn Yavuz
Have you contacted iD Mobile customer support for assistance, using the online iD live chat service, Facebook Messenger, or Twitter DM?

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jamie jmee 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lyn Yavuz

Taking a look at the postcode LE9 9PT on the iD Mobile coverage checker, the area is quite a weak coverage area, we would unfortunately expect issues here.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?