Question

poor signal despite coverage.

Despite being in a covered area with "no issues" myself amd my local community have continual issues with ID  and 3 service in many areas in portsmouth,more so since the 5g towers have been put in. 

So much so we now recommend not joining either company (phone based gaming community of a few thousand).

16 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

iD Mobile has no say when it comes to coverage, mast installations or anything to do with network infrastructure. That’s on Three. If Three coverage is poor in your area or there is congestion in your area then switch networks.

Except they totally can put pressure on those that have the infrastructure, or contribute more themselves.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Except they totally can put pressure on those that have the infrastructure, or contribute more themselves.

iD Mobile promote themselves as being a service provider packed with great features, at no extra cost, and highlight potential to save an average of £215/year vs.major networks.

I doubt iD Mobile would want to contribute more themselves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MagentaPenguin 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having coverage issues, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’ve had issues?

How long have you had issues? Was coverage okay previously?

Tom

The worst areas for deterioration of service are by po1 5**, po5 3**, po1 1** and po1 2**, its been a steady deterioration over the last couple of years, more so in the last few months. I've gone from good signal to 0/1 bar at home.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MagentaPenguin 

Please could you provide the full postcodes so we can check them?

If you don’t wish to post the full postcodes on the public forum let us know so we can get in touch privately.

Tom

po1 5jg, po5 2sg, po1 1aa and po1 2fs and the areas nearby.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Userlevel 1

I am in Southampton and have the same issue with mobile data. Coverage map says it should be fine, but at home and at work it’s barely usable. Will be switching when I can.

Not helpful andewhite. One, The network checker hasn't said that for months and months that it's been an issue, two, it doesn't say what they may be doing about it or the cause.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Agreed @MagentaPenguin.

I’ve had same message for 9+ months at my postcode.

Other similar topics in this forum have suggested Three UK are upgrading their backhaul network so they can support increased traffic after 3G switch-off and subsequent increase in demand for VoLTE.

I doubt iD can get an answer from Three - in my experience as an iD customer, there doesn’t appear to be any meaningful communication between iD & Three about technical issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MagentaPenguin 

Thanks for the post codes, taking a look PO1 5JG and PO5 2SG don’t have outages and we’d expect good coverage here. What issues have you been facing here and for how long?

The areas of PO1 1AA and PO1 2FS both have reported outages that Three UK are aware of and working on. How long have you had issues in this area?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @barneysmum 

I’m sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’ve had issues?

Tom

The po1 2fs area has had poor signal drop out for over a year,  po1 5jg, the last 3 months, po1 1aa for around 8 months, po5 2sg a couple of months. (Issues with object impermanence may mean time frames should be longer)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MagentaPenguin 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?