Question

Ported number from tesco mobile is unassociated with Sim

Userlevel 1

Hi there, 

Ive had a nightmare setting up my new contract with ID and porting my old number over. It ported on the date expected and a confirmation text received from ID to say it’s complete however I can’t sent text messages. When I looked into it, it seems the number I ported over to this contract is unassociated with the sim and therefore I can’t select it for iMessage nor activate it in my Apple ID account. 

I’ve tried everything I can find online. Is there anyone that can help please? Really want to get this sorted as I can’t use my phone if I’m not connected to the internet. 

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET on your iPhone with the iD SIM card, @JloWild?

Your iOS user guide should explain the steps needed for a network reset.

Userlevel 1

Hi @andewhite 

Thanks for responding - yes, I tried the Network reset as well. That helped to pull my number in the ‘Phone’ section in settings but it’s still showing in iMessage, FaceTime and AppleID that the sim is not associated with the number. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @JloWild, have to tried turning off iMessage? 

With iMessage off, all text messages should be sent as an SMS, instead of an Apple iMessage.
Can you send standard SMS text messages OK?  

Userlevel 1

Yes, tried turning iMessage off but texts won’t send. Having said that, I’ve been told someone received my message and responded but it hasn’t made its way through to me. 

So frustrating! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @JloWild, here’s a relatively quick step-by-step procedure, which could be worth a try:

1. Turn OFF FaceTime, then turn OFF iMessage.
  2. Sign-out of your AppleID.
  3. Turn OFF your iPhone.
  4. Remove the iD SIM card from your iPhone.
  5. Wait at least 30-minutes.
  6. Put the iD SIM card in your iPhone.
  7. Restart your iPhone and sign-in with your AppleID.
  8. Turn ON iMessage, then turn ON FaceTime.

🍀

Userlevel 1

Tried this earlier and it’s still not worked but I really appreciate you trying to help. 
Went to local curry’s store and the phone counter for ID was closed. Can’t get onto live chat so it’s a nightmare! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If iMessage is TURNED OFF and you can’t send an SMS, you might’ve a faulty SIM card or an issue with your iD account, @JloWild

If you can’t use Live Chat, have you tried contacting iD support via their social media pages? 
Send a private message to iD with Facebook Messenger, or use X (formerly Twitter) to send a DM. 

Have you contacted Apple for assistance? Their iMessage and FaceTime services would normally only need a network connection (either mobile data or Wi-Fi) to work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @JloWild 

Sorry to hear this, it may be worth trying a replacement SIM card, you’ll be able to pick one up at your local Currys store and activate it at the following link;

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/activate-sim-outside

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Tom @andewhite for both being so helpful. 
Managed to get through on the live chat yesterday and they have escalated to their technical support team so I’m hoping I will have a solution in the next day, even if that does mean a new SIM. Unfortunately the person that works in the Curry’s store is out sick and no one can help me in their absence. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JloWild,

We hope that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance you can get back to us here and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?