Question

Ported number not working to create login.

• 27 January 2024
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1

I took out this plan through Mobiles.co.uk. Ported my number over. Number working all fine to send/receive texts and calls. Got an email about my first bill and was instructed to create a login. When I try to create my login with the ported number I get an error. If I use the original number before the port it works and asks for the security code which has been texted which I obviously can't use. Spoke to live chat and initially the guy confidently told me that my old network hadn't sent them a file and that they would refund me a certain amount this month while they get it sorted. I then told the guy that I can make/ receive calls and everything is showing up with the ported number just not to create a login. He then told me it's been passed to the technical team and they'll sort it in 48 hours. Anybody else had this happen to them? Has anybody had a happy ending to a similar situation with iD Mobile because I've been reading online that they'll basically never fix it and I should probably leave while I can.

17 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately the iD online system for customer accounts can sometimes take 24-48 hours to sync with the back-end systems. 

You should be able to create your online account eventually, @Flip786

🤞

Userlevel 1

Okay the switch took place on the 25th so I guess it should all be sorted by the end of today.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe wait until Sunday, @Flip786 - avoid anymore stress for the time being.

It is hard to know if the tech team do fix things, because most members never update their topic, or iD switch to PM. 

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Flip786,

Welcome to the Community!

If everything is showing as ported over you should be able to port the number using the port form.

However please let us know if you still have issues with the port and we can investigate it.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Flip786,

If everything is showing as ported over you should be able to port the number using the port form.

However please let us know if you still have issues with the port and we can investigate it.

Kash

I don't understand what you mean about using the port form? Isn't that what I used to port the number over? Once it's ported over why would I have to use the port form again?

It's still not working. My number has been successfully ported. The online system to set up a login just doesn't recognise it.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Contacted customer service. Still not working…. Technical Team didn’t even look at it. Told to wait another 48 hours for the technical team to look at it. COMPLETE JOKE. 1 thing I will add is that the live chat customer service are very patient and pleasant to speak to they just don’t have the ability to implement much (iD Mobiles fault).

Is there anybody from the Phantom Technical Team active on this community space?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Contacted customer service. Still not working…. Technical Team didn’t even look at it. Told to wait another 48 hours for the technical team to look at it. COMPLETE JOKE. 1 thing I will add is that the live chat customer service are very patient and pleasant to speak to they just don’t have the ability to implement much (iD Mobiles fault).

Is there anybody from the Phantom Technical Team active on this community space?

Has you switch been completed, @Flip786

Not sure the iD Mobile tech team has sufficient resources to have personnel working in this forum. 

When I joined iD and tried to setup my iD online account, I just tried to register once or twice a day, for several days and was eventually successful.

Have you been an iD customer before, or is this your first ‘experience’ with iD?

Userlevel 1

Has you switch been completed, @Flip786

Not sure the iD Mobile tech team has sufficient resources to have personnel working in this forum. 

When I joined iD and tried to setup my iD online account, I just tried to register once or twice a day, for several days and was eventually successful.

Have you been an iD customer before, or is this your first ‘experience’ with iD?

According to live chat it hasn’t been completed. On my end it’s all been completed i.e. calls & texts are all using the ported number both sending and receiving.

This is my first experience with iD mobile so I’m not too impressed at the minute. I’ve ported numbers previously and it’s never been this much hassle. If they had robust phone support I wouldn’t mind but I’ve been told by live chat that if I want to change my direct debit date it has to all be done on the online system. 

I’ll just keep trying daily and contacting them every 48 hours I guess.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

According to live chat it hasn’t been completed. On my end it’s all been completed i.e. calls & texts are all using the ported number both sending and receiving.

This is my first experience with iD mobile so I’m not too impressed at the minute. I’ve ported numbers previously and it’s never been this much hassle. If they had robust phone support I wouldn’t mind but I’ve been told by live chat that if I want to change my direct debit date it has to all be done on the online system. 

I’ll just keep trying daily and contacting them every 48 hours I guess.

Perhaps consider logging a complaint, which might speed things up - iD claim to resolve most complaints within 7-days. 

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

You’re also entitled to compensation for a delayed switch, @Flip786.  

Userlevel 4

@Flip786  This can sometimes help turn your phone off and remove the sim card or card's leave them out for 2 minutes. Now refit sim card and power on phone see this refreshes your sim status. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Flip786,

Please let us know how you get on and we can assist you further if required.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Flip786,

Please let us know how you get on and we can assist you further if required.

Kash

Still not fixed Kash. You can assist me by fixing my issue thanks :D

Userlevel 1

@Flip786  This can sometimes help turn your phone off and remove the sim card or card's leave them out for 2 minutes. Now refit sim card and power on phone see this refreshes your sim status. 

Gave it a go. Still not recognising my number online.

Userlevel 1

I don’t know if this worked but I’m all up and running now!!! Wahey.

Thanks Everyone for all your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Flip786,

Just checking if this is resolved?

If not, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Flip786,

Just checking if this is resolved?

If not, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

All sorted now thanks. @andewhite and @JoeKing are superstar members!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Flip786,

Glad to hear that.

Please get back to us if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?