Question

Porting Help - Strange things happening? Failed port maybe?

• 26 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I requested my port from O2 to ID last week, and 25th was the confirmed port date. 
Today I have been left with a strange situation and it is leaving me without work or personal use.

I have tried to get onto ID live chat, I sat there for nearly an hour at 6pm and no chat box appeared? I couldn’t find a telephone number to call other than complaints? I am just stuck without any help!

I think the port has failed? 
I can receive calls from people on the Three network, but cannot receive any calls from any other network? For example, O2 customers are told the number doesn’t exist or the call just fails to connect. 

I cannot send SMS messages but i can receive them from Three network users, but cannot receive them from any other network. 

The number showing when inserting the sim, no matter which phone i put it in, i have tested on 3 phones, still shows the original temporary ID number? iMessage says the numnber doesn’t belong to my phone?

I have reset the device, reset network settings, switched on/off, manually inserted the number, removed the sim in/out… etc,, etc… Nothing makes any difference. 

How do i get help to resolve this issue as i am missing work calls, work messages and personal ones too. I do not have a fully functioning phone. 

I contacted O2 and they didnt want to help. It appears my account is now closed as i can no longer even access MyO2 or any account information apart from last bill. 
My old O2 eSim has been removed from my device when i reset network settings, so unable to try using that either!

Help… 

Thanks

3 replies

I am worried I may be in the same situation, so am following!

Userlevel 1

A slight improvement today. I can now receive calls from other networks, but the rest of the issues are still causing pain.
I have been completely unable to make contact with anyone from ID. Not by chat, not by phone, not good at all. Not a good start!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JH1,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing.

Please can you advise what issues you are still having?

If we need to PM you we will get back to you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?