Solved

Probelms with Texts

Hi, 

I switched my old number to my iD sim. Everything seems to work fine however whenever I send a text it says that the message failed to deliver. However, the recipients have received the message and respond, which I can receive. 

Any ideas why the error message saying text failed to send would appear if the text has actually gone through successfully?

This is on an iPhone 11.

Thanks,

Josh

icon

Best answer by Lauren 8 May 2023, 16:56

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sometimes your iPhone device ID gets linked to the initial iD Mobile number allocated to the iD SIM card you ordered.

This can happen if you’ve used your handset with the iD SIM card BEFORE transferring the number you want to keep to iD Mobile. 

This can often be fixed by a Network Reset @Josh98.

The following community article might also be helpful.

Sometimes your iPhone device ID gets linked to the initial iD Mobile number allocated to the iD SIM card you ordered.

This can happen if you’ve used your handset with the iD SIM card BEFORE transferring the number you want to keep to iD Mobile. 

This can often be fixed by a Network Reset @Josh98.

The following community article might also be helpful.

Thanks for this, but I didn’t use the sim before the transfer and the correct number is showing up when people receive texts, however my phone is telling me the text failed to send even when it went through. As such, I have no idea if the text has gone through successfully or not until I receive a reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you turn OFF iMessage on your iPhone, do your text messages get delivered okay @Josh98?

Have you checked if Apple have registered the correct number for your iPhone device? 

You can do this online at https://appleid.apple.com/sign-in - look in the Devices section of your Apple account. Your mobile number should only be linked to one Apple device in your Apple account.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Josh98. @andewhite is correct here. Just to add to this, what happens when you try the following steps. Does the correct mobile number show up in your iPhone settings? 

1. Check your software is up to date. 
  2. Update the correct number

* Go to Settings > Phone > My Number.

* Replace the temporary number you find there with your own number. Use +44 instead of the first 0.

* Then tap Save.

1. Reset iMessage settingsYour iMessage settings won't reset themselves during porting - the temporary number will likely still be in your new iPhone.
  1. Input your ported number into your new iPhone:

* Go to Settings

* Tap on Messages

* Tap iMessage ON

* Scroll down to Send & Receive number

* Replace the temporary number with your ported number

* Then tap Save.

1. Toggle off imessage then reboot and then toggle on after 3-4 minutes and reboot the device.
  2. Go to Setting -> Messages -> Click send & receive -> 'You can receive imessage to and Reply from'

See if the correct number is displayed under start new conversations from and also tick only on either your Mobile number or your email address to send iMessage.

After doing all this the device and then try

-Lauren

I am having this issue. I have tried updating the number but it won’t save ?? 

Updating number in settings - my phone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @GBIWM,

When you’re on Settings > Messages > Send & Receive does it show the correct number under  "Start new conversations from:"  

What happens if you turn OFF iMessage fully.

Are you able to send texts fine?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?