Solved

RCS Chat Samsung S24 Ultra still using old number

• 21 March 2024
  • 7 replies

I have had my Sim since Saturday, and the port went through on Monday, in my About Phone the number has changed to my ported number, the one I wanted, but in RCS Chat it will not change, no matter what I do.

I have followed every instruction I have found and still the number that the Sim arrived with is the only number that RCS Chat will use

Why is it so hard to sort these issues?

I left Smarty after a month because of this failure, I don’t want to have to do it again!

Some people are getting messages form the SIM number supplied, not my own ported number i have had for years!

icon

Best answer by Lauren 23 March 2024, 13:37

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Yorkie9668, welcome to the community.

You may have already tried this, but it’s worth checking. Do the below steps work in updating the number in the chat settings?

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number. Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this

If this doesn’t work, it will be worth trying a replacement SIM. This would be a blank SIM card later activated with your number, so it won’t have an association with a temporary number. You would be able to collect one at a local Currys store. Alternatively, we’ll be able to send a PM to arrange a delivery free of charge.

-Lauren

Yes tried that first.

Here’s the problem as I see it.

Smarty sim would update my ported number in Goole RCS, but no matter what I did it would not update the number in About Phone in S24 settings.

ID sim shows wrong number in Google RCS, but shows correct number I ported in About Phone in S24 settings

How hard is it to change these things?

I have never had these issues before and in all honesty it is a deal breaker, I cannot send messages in case they are sent with the number the sim arrived with!

I have even resorted to resetting my S24 Ultra and removing the sim,  it is staying on the sim number no matter what I do

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Yorkie9668,

It may be worth resetting your network settings and trying the above again.

In most cases that does fix the issue. What happens when you try and update/unregister your number?

Kash

Already tried that as well as resetting the phone back to factory, I did say that above.

I was hoping for a little more from ID, but they seem quiet on this?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Yorkie9668,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

All sorted a blank sim fixed it

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Yorkie9668 

Glad to hear, let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?