Solved

Register new account without access to sim, but request code sent to email address.

• 28 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I installed a sim in my Sister’s router in her sheltered accommodation which is located some way from me.

when I tried to register to change the direct debit account, obviously I cannot get the code sent to the sim and my sister is disabled and unable to do same.

I have tried via the chat to get the code emailed to my registered address but it is useless.

This situation is not unique as I have a gif gaff account in my tracker and they send me the code via email after I requested.

The Ai bot is horrendous and like being stuck in the “matrix”.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 28 June 2023, 22:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The code can only be sent to the SIM, you won’t get the code any other way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Shirley N Richard Walsh 

We’d recommend putting the SIM card into a supported device so it can receive the SMS used for registering.

Tom

Tom

Thanks but if you read my post, my sister is disabled so can’t do what you suggest.

plus I cannot access the sim for stated reasons, all I ask is the code is sent to the registered email address that is already I use for correspondence.

All I want to do is simply make sure the monthly payment is made so I need to change the bank account the direct debit comes from.

I am not asking for the earth as I have a contract with GIF gaf and Asda for sims in my tracker and motorhome mifi and they both emailed my access codes so I could top up as required.

R

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Shirley N Richard Walsh 

The code cannot be sent via email, only via text, I can only suggest using the iD Mobile SIM card in an iD Mobile supported device.

We don’t officially support any routers, sorry.

Tom

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Next time you have access to the router, go into it’s SETTINGS; there’ll be a Message page in there somewhere, as on my Huawei;

from that you can SEND & RECEIVE SMS messages via the Router interface. On my Huawei, once logged in click where arrowed 😄

Why iD Mobile?