Solved

Roaming - connects to with handset but not modem?

• 11 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I got a idmobile sim a couple of months ago. I initially installed in my galaxy s10 handset so that the induction process was completed but then moved the idmobile sim to a 5g modem in a vehicle. I used the vehicle in the uk and all seemed fine (able to access data).

Roaming is enabled on the sim. 

Today I have arrived in France and although i can use my idmobile sim in my handset, with no issues, to access data but it does not work in the modem. What am I missing here? Thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 11 September 2023, 20:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d suspect the iD SIM card hasn’t got the correct APN settings from the iD roaming partner in France. 

It seems sometimes the French roaming partners set Three UK APN settings for iD SIM cards. There are other similar forum posts about this topic.

Unfortunately, iD only support use of their SIM cards in mobile phones, which doesn’t matter while everythings works; however, if something isn’t working it can be challenging.

You could try putting the vehicle SIM in a handset and checking the APN values.  

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I didn't mention earlier that my main handset sim is 'smarty'. I tried that and and it too works in the modem in the uk but not in France. No surprise I suppose. 

I looked at the apn on the idmobile sim when in thehandset just now (in France) and it is 'ID'. Is that right? 

What do people do to get reasonable priced data access when roaming?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD Mobile APN value is supposed to be “id” (in lowercase). 

The APN value for roaming with SMARTY needs to be “mob.asm.net”.

Userlevel 1

Thanks. Sorry been a long day (drive). You are right it is 'id' and I have now set it in my zyxel nr5103e and it is working.

😊👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Robin Williamson,

Please let us know how you get on with the iD APN settings. You’ll need to enter the information below:

Name iD
APN id
Username <leave blank>
Password <leave blank>
MMSC http://mms.um.idmobile.co.uk:10021/mmsc 
MMS Proxy mms.idmobile.co.uk 
MMS APN Username <leave blank>
MMS APN Password <leave blank>
MMS Port  8799

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thank you seems sorted. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Robin Williamson,

Glad to hear that it has been resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?