Roaming not working

Userlevel 1

I've had my phone a while now, and every time I go abroad my data never works. So I can't access Google maps etc. 

The setting is toggled ON on ID mobile settings.

I need this to work for my next trip abroad.

Is my phone faulty? 

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rose H 

As long as roaming is on in the app which you mention it is, have you double checked the device itself also has roaming enabled and mobile data on?

I’d recommend double checking the International Calling & Roaming page to check the countries you’re visiting are included in the inclusive roaming selection, if not you may need to raise your bill cap to allow usage abroad.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges

Tom

Userlevel 1

Yer I've checked all those.  I'll have a look at my bill cap. Thankyou 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Rose H,

We hope that your issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Rose H,

We hope that your issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

I do need more assistance please. Roaming is still not working 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Rose H,

You mentioned data doesn’t work so I take it that calls and texts are working fine when abroad?

As long as Data Roaming is enabled in the phone as well as Roaming turned ON in the app separately it should work.

If it doesn’t it could be an issue with the APN settings.

Is this an iPhone or Android device?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

How do I get ID MOBILE to fix my roaming abroad? It has never worked and I've always had to use someone else's Google maps.

I've already gone through all the steps that are suggested. Turning on roaming on the ID app.  Going into setting on my phone etc etc.  Still no joy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

EDIT: I’ve merged the topics together.

lease see my above response:

Hey @Rose H,

You mentioned data doesn’t work so I take it that calls and texts are working fine when abroad?

As long as Data Roaming is enabled in the phone as well as Roaming turned ON in the app separately it should work.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

EDIT: I’ve merged the topics together.

lease see my above response:

Hey @Rose H,

Mohammed

A Android device. I've checked the apn settings several times.   Can't 100% remember if calls and texts go through or not.  I never get the usual message you get when you get off the plane which tells you you're in a new country, and I don't think the time changes either.   It's very odd. Never had this problem before on any other previous phone. 

I'm going to have to change network and phone if this problem continues. First time I've been with ID. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you having trouble with roaming mobile data within iD Mobile’s “roam free in 50 destinations throughout the EU, EEA and beyond” area, or are you having trouble elsewhere @Rose H

Userlevel 1

Are you having trouble with roaming mobile data within iD Mobile’s “roam free in 50 destinations throughout the EU, EEA and beyond” area, or are you having trouble elsewhere @Rose H

Roam free in the EU 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried using a replacement iD SIM card @Rose H?

Sometimes mysterious roaming issues are fixed after getting and activating a replacement iD SIM card.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rose H 

Have you tried connecting manually to a network while abroad instead of automatic network connection?

Is it just data? Calls and texts okay?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Have you tried using a replacement iD SIM card @Rose H?

Sometimes mysterious roaming issues are fixed after getting and activating a replacement iD SIM card.

Ooo might try this thankyou 😊😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Rose H,

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?