Solved

Samsung say my Galaxy A12 is not genuine

• 28 September 2021
  • 3 replies

I want to always have the time on my Galaxy A12, as i did with my A3. I enquired with Samsung as to why I don’t have an Always On setting and they said my phone was not genuine. I have the transcript of that accusation. https://www.sammyfans.com/2021/06/30/samsung-one-ui-3-1-how-to-use-new-always-on-display-aod/ shows the feature using One UI3.1, which I have, but I don’t have the Always On option so can’t see the time at night any more.

Has Samsung taken away that feature for new models and not told their support people?

icon

Best answer by Sydney Charles 28 September 2021, 15:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Sydney Charles,

It is very strange to hear Samsung support say that because we only sell genuine handsets and ‘fake’ handsets should not have access to Samsung’s own software.

The Samsung A12 only has an LCD screen, so the Always On Display is not compatible with those screen types.

The Samsung A21 however has an AMOLED screen, so the feature is compatible.

Do you have the A21 rather than the A12? If so, I would recommend escalating this back to Samsung directly because if the feature has been added to their One UI 3.1 software, they may not yet have added it to particular devices which can happen when a new update is released. 

Ryan

I do have an A12 but have no idea what kind of screen it is. I was never notified that this feature is not available on an A12 and the Samsung ‘advisor’ clearly did not know.

I then uploaded a commercial Always On app, which was peculiar as it was quite faint in daylight but lit up the whole room in the dark! The battery went down from 50% to 5% overnight so I had to deinstall it.

Do you know if there is any plan to get Always On working with A12s? It would also help is there was a half decent guide as to the features rather than wasting time chasing it up.

But thank you for this info. I shall try to find another app but not hopeful.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sydney Charles,

That’s not something we’d be able to answer here sorry. That’s more a question for Samsung directly to answer I’m afriad.

Will

Why iD Mobile?