Question

SIM card

• 6 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello! I can’t seem to get hold of you for help. My SIM card won’t work and won’t recognise a Network. I’ve reset the network settings on my phone, turned off and on etc but still no joy. Just come back from abroad and took SIM out for a week and it won’t recognise it now I’ve put it back in my phone. Can you help please? Thanks! 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Perhaps try their CHAT page.

If you’ve not had a chargeable event on your phone for 180 days, it’ll have been cancelled/ number recycled.

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Rachael Louise, welcome to Community!

We’re very sorry to hear that your SIM card isn’t working. If it’s still not working after restarting your phone and resetting your network settings, then please try the SIM card in another device (if possible). If it works in another device, it points to a phone issue, and if it doesn’t, then it’s likely a SIM card issue.

If it’s a SIM card issue, then you can collect a free replacement SIM card from any Currys store during their opening hours, which can then be activated to your phone number/contract within an hour. Simply ask a member of staff in-store for a free iD Mobile replacement SIM card, and once you have it, you can activate it below:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/activate-sim-outside

It can take upto an hour to activate.

Thank you for the suggest of the live-chat also @Geluk, we appreciate that. We hope the support needed was given, or has been given now.

Thank you,

Tyler

Why iD Mobile?