Question

SIM card do not turn on after turned off.

Hello, I have dual sim, one is my ID Mobile SIM that I turned off for a week. Now I'm trying to turn it on and it won't.

I click on turnon, swipe goes green,but card does not activating.

There is no error, it just stay off no matter what.

I am abroad,outside of UK for 2 months now, could it be somehow related?

Bills are payed, account is active, i can log in to my account, have allowances of data etc.

There is no trace of reason why it wouldn't go on.

I have swapped sim cards already, and it didn't changed anything…

Phone is runned on Android v13.

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Being abroad means that your iD SIM card can’t connect to it’s home network, which is only available in the UK.

I suspect leaving the iD SIM off for an extended period has caused this issue.

What? That's ridiculous.

How can I fix that then?

Being in Poland, because driving/flying to UK now only to activate sim card is extremely stupid economic wise...

Userlevel 4
Badge

Just call 7777 for assistance.

How? Sim card is not active, and I cannot activate it so how would I call that number being in Poland?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The SIM card is not working because you turned it off for an extended period of time, and during this period it lost connection with its home network, and any roaming partner networks.

The iD live chat support team might be able to help you. The support agents work 9am - 8pm weekdays (and 9am - 6pm at weekends) - these are UK times.

I did that, i have wasted 1.5 hour of my time answering stupid questions, and after all that time it turns out that it's useless and they don't know how to help me. Worst experience ever using that rubbish online chat.

I have seen bad ones but this one it ridiculously bad.

I know more about networks and phones that the man that was trying to help me. 

Sim card is not activating and he was suggesting to manually change network settings... On inactive network…

My God people.…

After wasted 1.5h i still have no solution.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps try asking for assistance through iD Mobile’s social media customer support team. In my experience it’s better than using live chat.

Send them a private message on facebook (using Messenger), or send them a DM (direct message) on Twitter.

The agents work 9am - 8pm on weekdays (and 9am - 6pm at weekends) - all UK times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Narsiliouz 

Sorry to hear your iD Mobile SIM card isn’t working after having switched it off, I would suggest the same as @andewhite and believe that turning the SIM off for a week may have caused this to happen.

My best recommendation would be a replacement SIM, however we’d only be able to get one to you while you’re in the UK.

Have you tried the iD Mobile SIM in another device to see if it works there?

Tom

Is that mentioned anywhere in the contract ?

I will find a solicitor and get a legal advice on that, this is ridiculous!

If I would only know that sh*t before I switched to damn ID mobile.…

I cant access my bank account now, and experiencing some financial losses because of bloody issue that shouldn't exist.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, section 4 of the contract covers this…

… not guaranteed to be fault free… 

This covers many scenarios - anyway, good luck with legal action against iD @Narsiliouz

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Narsiliouz 

Have you tried the iD Mobile SIM in another device to see if it works there?

Tom

Userlevel 1

I had exactly the same problem albeit for just a few hours. I turned the SIM off while I was in a hospital and I was using NHS WiFi. The SIM kept trying to connect to data was the reason why I turned it off but I’ve now learned my lesson. I secured my SIM with a PIN for added security if my phone is lost or stolen but when I attempted to turn the SIM back on, my settings showed there was no SIM and I could neither make calls nor message. There was nothing showing in regard to turning it back on. I tried turning the phone off and back on but still the same problem. I removed and then replaced the SIM to no effect so I came here.

Thank you Tom, I put my SIM into my previous phone and turned it on where I was immediately asked to enter the SIM’s PIN which I did and was then able to make and receive calls. After removing it from my old phone, I replaced it in the current one which, when switched on, then proceeded to ask for the PIN number for the SIM and everything now works as it should.

Tom’s advice worked a treat and I am indebted to him for preventing a very stressful few days so many thanks once again. (I can’t find a “most helpful” button but I am happy to say that the answer was in fact exemplary.

Why iD Mobile?