Solved

SIM card has stopped working

• 15 March 2023
  • 6 replies

My SIM card has stopped working out without warning. I’ve tried the troubleshooting steps which did not help at all.

I received a new SIM card as I upgraded my plan about a month ago but there’s no instructions or guide stating that the new plan will only work on the new SIM so it’s been binned long ago.

Please reinstate my existing SIM card ASAP! THe new plan has worked fine on the old SIM card until last night

icon

Best answer by andewhite 15 March 2023, 16:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can get a replacement iD SIM from any Currys store, or ask for a replacement using the iD live chat service.

Replacements SIM cards are NOT activated, so you’ll need to activate your replacement SIM online once you’ve got it. Anyway, good luck @Niels Christiansen

Why do I even need a new SIM card when the other was working fine? This is a right hassle and leaves my daughter without mobile network connectivity until resolved!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My SIM card has stopped working out without warning. I’ve tried the troubleshooting steps which did not help at all.

You’ve posted that your SIM card stopped working @Niels Christiansen.
I do agree that when things break, it can be a hassle. 

If you can’t fix your ‘broken’ SIM card, you’ll need a replacement SIM from iD Mobile.

The only thing that ‘broke’ the SIM card was whatever change IDMobile has implemented in the backend system for no apparent reason other than shipping more replacement SIM cards when customer subscription plans are updated.
The SIM wasn’t removed from the phone or otherwise damaged in any way.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d also be frustrated in your position @Niels Christiansen.

If your iD plan is pay-monthly, and you’ve followed all the online trouble-shooting tips, I’m not sure what else you can do, except get a replacement SIM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Niels Christiansen 

Apologies about this, I can see we’ve been in contact and this has been resolved with a replacement SIM, please let us know if you need anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?