Solved

Sim pin

• 17 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi I have just in the last weeks received my new id sim and wanted to put a sim lock on it to prevent sim swapping in case my phone is lost or stolen. It asks for sim pin when I try and set it up but I don’t know what it is.

yhe phone is an iPhone and I bought it unlocked direct from apple 2 years ago and have never previously set up a sim pin. I did try 1234 but that wasn’t right. I could try 0000 but then I only have 1 more chance before it locks and I can’t be without my phone connection so need to have some hint planned in advance to unblock it if that happens. 
can you advise how to proceed please and if I need a puk code jow I get one quickly?

thanks

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 17 September 2022, 10:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

The default is 0000. Just tried it...

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Thanks got the Paul code now and all reset. It was painful with the help chat though tbh….. sorry but that’s the truth.!

Im a customer just like you, but yes, support via any live chat is painful!

Thanks got the Paul code now and all reset. It was painful with the help chat though tbh….. sorry but that’s the truth.!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Get on live chat and ask them for a PUK code before trying a third time. If you get it wrong and the SIM is blocked you have ten chances to enter the correct PUK for your SIM and you can then set a pin of your choosing.

FYI - The default pin is either 0000 or 1234. It was when I changed mine but I can’t remember which one it was! Some networks also use 1111 as a default pin.

Why iD Mobile?