Question

SIM replaced not working

Checked and double checked with two phones on ID. Still not working

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Usually, any replacement iD SIM card must be activated from your iD account before it’s ready to use @Batuo.

Perhaps the activation failed?

Thank you andewhite. I checked with live chat. Frustrated with the person telling them I need another SIM card the person went on and on and on and on. Finally, I was asked to go to the store I originally got the SIM card for the staff to check again. The person must think I am stupid. I have two phones, to check and double check. No transport and I have to wait. The store is 6 miles away. Ah well, you win some you lose some. Finally, the thing is, if they give me another SIM and fails, I shall have to change my provider with the two SIM cards from ID

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What handsets have you tried these iD SIM cards in @Batuo?

Any replacement iD SIM card must be activated before it can be used - you do this from your iD account online.

Odd that two replacement SIM cards have failed. Perhaps changing your provider will be the solution. 
🤞

Two iPhone 7. Yup, activated. Told me to wait an hour. Gave it 3 hours and no msg whatsoever after. Went back again to try an activate again and I knew it would tell me, it has been activated.  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are your iPhone 7 handsets network locked @Batuo

Maybe check you’ve got the latest iOS for your iPhone 7 handsets, then check:- 

Settings > General > About 

Scroll down to find “Network Provider Lock” and check what’s displayed there. 

No, It is not. My iPhone was working to accept calls but not make them. Now, I cannot receive or make a normal call after activating. But WhatsApp works. I am not a tech guy, but this is simple to know the SIM card is not working.

AaaH, one more thing. The Apple messaging service worked on the old SIM. but not making calls. Now, nothing works after the activation. LOL! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It sounds like you might’ve just transferred your number to iD Mobile from another provider @Batuo.

If so, from what you’ve posted in this topic, it does seem the switch perhaps hasn’t worked properly.

LOL! That’s a bit confusing. I’ve been with ID for eons.Surely, I would have access ID chat for SIM card not working. Guess, I am lost on this.

I shall be going to Currys now and see what’s going. The same thing was sung by Marvin Gaye. I think his Dad said, “I tell what’s going on. You are going on and gone! Lol!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sorry @Batuo, got confused after reading the bit about iMessage used to work, but doesn’t work anymore. 

It does seem odd after two replacement iD SIM cards, neither have worked in the two iPhone 7 handsets you’ve tested - I’m really baffled by this… 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Batuo,

Welcome to the Community!

It is strange that both SIM cards never worked.

Please let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?