Solved

SIM stopped working today but will work in other phone. other sim cards work in my phone

• 8 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Since this morning I've been unable to get my SIM card to work in my phone. When I swapped the SIM card with another phone, the SIM card worked in my other phone and the other SIM worked in my original phone? So I've been able to prove that the SIM works and also my phone's still working too! Not sure what to do? On another forum someone with the same issue thought that potentially their IMEI of their phone was blocked on the network, could this be the case for me too?

icon

Best answer by MyNameIsMatt 10 May 2023, 17:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @MyNameIsMatt 

Have you reset the network settings on the device that isn’t working with the iD Mobile SIM card?

Have you attempted a factory reset?

If the SIM works in another device it wouldn’t suggest an issue with the SIM card, the SIM wouldn’t be blocked with a specific device.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @MyNameIsMatt 

Have you reset the network settings on the device that isn’t working with the iD Mobile SIM card?

Have you attempted a factory reset?

If the SIM works in another device it wouldn’t suggest an issue with the SIM card, the SIM wouldn’t be blocked with a specific device.

Tom

I tried doing the network settings reset and that didn't work.

Received a replacement SIM today after speaking to an agent on live chat and that has fixed this issue. Thanks for replying either way!

Why iD Mobile?