Question

Slow 4G connection

Userlevel 1

About 2 weeks ago we had a major broadband outage in the area. Affecting all ISPs.
Since then my 4G has been extremely slow. 
Ookla speed test fails to even test the speed. 

Can anything be looked at by ID please?

13 replies

Userlevel 1

Some more info.
My daughter is on 3 and also has slow 4G, my wife on vodafone does not have an issue.
Speed tests attempt and it first sits on this screen for 2/3 mins

once it finds a provider I usually get this when attempting a speed test.

I managed to get 1 started but it flaked out before upload test and got this as it was in the process of download test.

Anyway to contact ID over this ​?​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

About 2 weeks ago we had a major broadband outage in the area. Affecting all ISPs.
Since then my 4G has been extremely slow. 
Ookla speed test fails to even test the speed. 

Can anything be looked at by ID please?

Hey @mc4martyc,

What’s the full postcode of the area? We’ll check the masts that serve it to see what’s happening.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

NP23 6ng

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mc4martyc,

We can’t see any issues in the area.

Are you able to test the SIM in a different handset?

Do you have any coverage issues in other areas?

Kash

Userlevel 1

As mentioned my daughter is with 3 and also has issues, although they have improved in the last couple of days. Still not what they were. 

I was 24 miles away yesterday in Newport and noticed no issues. 

So 2 phones, 2 sims having the same issues. 

Userlevel 1

Having said that, just attempted a speed test and failed again. 

I also get an ! In my signal occasionally

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Does this issue present itself all the time or just at certain times of the day? It could be a local congestion issue. Three/id Mobile/Smarty etc offer some of the best deals on unlimited data plans and so it’s a popular network for users looking for a cheap 4G/5G home broadband replacement.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Having said that, just attempted a speed test and failed again. 

I also get an ! In my signal occasionally

You have signal, only just though! The exclamation mark indicates that there is no data connection available.

Userlevel 1

Affecting all times of day. 

Thanks for explanation of exclamation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @mc4martyc,

Can you head to the device settings and turn off Automatic Network Selection.

Let the device search for networks and select iD from the results.

Then test again?

See if you can change to 3G only if it’s in your area still or the option shows and run a similar test as above.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I have been running off automatic since Sunday. 3G only is flaky at best and reverts to 4G within a minute. 

Speed tests seem improved 3G only, but when I first select 4G it's seems better for the first few minutes. 

Also just found out both my kids on 3 are having issues too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@mc4martyc,

As you are having issues at home and have no issues away from home, we’ll get this escalated.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Many thanks. 

Message sent. 

Why iD Mobile?