Question

SMS messages not being received.

• 16 March 2023
  • 3 replies

My phone has stopped receiving OTPs and, to my knowledge, it seems like I'm only receiving texts from my wife who is also using iD. I received my last SMS in January. I can send texts. I have been with iD for a number of years. Can anybody help?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @gavin54.

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with OTP messages.

Have you been able to get these before? Is the issue with receiving OTP’s only with specific companies?

In regards to text messages are you able to request that somebody you know on a different network is able to text you to test the services?

Kash

Hi Kash,

Thanks for your interest. To answer your questions, I was previously receiving OTP’s from a number of companies and SMS messages from other people on other networks. I don’t think its just specific companies which are the problem.

I have requested family members to send test messages and they have’t been received. I first became aware of this extension of the problem when I sent a text message to one of them (it was received) but he couldn’t reply. They are using different networks. 

I now believe I might not be receiving phone calls either after being told by ano that he had recently been trying to phone me over and over without success. I arranged one test call with a family member yesterday and it did not come through.

To reiterate, I can receive calls and messages from my wife who also uses iD. I also received a text message from iD when I registered for the iD community. 

Hope all this might help you identify the problem as I obviously need a fix.

Gavin

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @gavin54,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?