Solved

Swap number from another id mobile Sim

• 7 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi bought a contract phone through id mobile for my daughters birthday. She is already on a 30 day sim only for the last few months and had her number ported over to that sim from another network at that time. However I have been told I can’t move this number now to her new contract phone. Only way to do this is port to another network and then back again. Surely there has to be an easier way to swap over number and cancel old 30 day sim. Tesco mobile has a SWAP 23424 on their plans. Doesn’t is mobile do this if this does what I want? Currys / carphone warehouse had previously told me I should be able to swap. Can any advise for sure please

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 7 March 2024, 15:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What you have been told is correct @Liam Gough. You cannot move numbers from one iD Mobile account to another. 

Thanks Paul I would think this would put most people off staying loyal 😏

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Liam Gough,

Welcome to the Community!

We are unable to port iD Mobile numbers from one account to another.

If you wish to keep your number I would advise upgrading instead.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Liam Gough,

New contracts are subject to a credit check whereas upgrades don’t involve credit checks.

We do have upgrade exclusives but on some occasions new deals may be better to attract new customers.

You can look at processing a triangle port if you wish to move your iD Mobile number from one account to another.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?