and why does my phone cut out after 2 hours 

icon

Best answer by Kash 12 December 2023, 09:31

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Daisy4242 

I’m sorry to hear this, how many bars of signal do you get when in and out the house?

Could you let us know more about your phone cutting out after 2 hours? Do you mean while on a call?

Tom

Userlevel 2

Hi Tom

thank you for replying.  I have 2 bars at the moment and my friend has just called me (I am in) .   Yes I do mean whilst on a calling on my phone.  It’s frustrating because it makes calling services such as dwp / benefits impossible as they can put you on hold for hours before you can get through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Daisy4242,

Firstly regarding the coverage you can check the coverage in your area along with the network status HERE.

Regarding the call limit, unfortunately this isn’t something that we can increase as calls would cut off after 2 hours due to it reaching the call limit.

Kash

Userlevel 2

Hi Kash, thank you for your reply.  I have checked coverage with the link you provided.  It says I have excellent coverage in my area.  So I don’t really understand why there would be any issues with calls using data when out and about.  I have checked all the settings so I know they’re ok.

Gutted I might as well just have a landline as it’s not functioning as a mobile.

I’ve never come across limited calls before.  I wish I had known before taking a sim only with ID mobile. Thanks for clarifying this information.  I will be checking next time. Only 11 months to go 

Sharon

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Daisy4242,

Did you check the network status also?

It might be that there is work being carried out in the area which is what is causing the issues.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Kash, thank you for your reply.  I have checked coverage with the link you provided.  It says I have excellent coverage in my area.  So I don’t really understand why there would be any issues with calls using data when out and about.  I have checked all the settings so I know they’re ok.

Gutted I might as well just have a landline as it’s not functioning as a mobile.

I’ve never come across limited calls before.  I wish I had known before taking a sim only with ID mobile. Thanks for clarifying this information.  I will be checking next time. Only 11 months to go 

Sharon

Hey @Daisy4242, unfortunately the online coverage checker only shows you the predicted coverage at any location, based on computer models.

The real-world coverage at your location could be better, or worse, than predicted by the online coverage checker. 

The https://mastdata.com online site has information about actual coverage at many locations in the UK.

Userlevel 2

Hi Kash,

I did check the network status. It is fine. We did have disruption to the network 3or4 months ago but that has been resolved.  It was completely out for 24 hours but that’s all.

Can I change my contract?  I’m tied in for 12 months and have not yet had a working mobile apart from at home.  And not received the £30 cash back incentive.

Userlevel 2

No problem. Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 2

Hi still waiting for a response as promised by yourselves

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Daisy4242 

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues?

How long have you had issues here?

Are you in contact with another team about this? Where were you promised a response you’re still waiting for?

Tom

Userlevel 2

Hi Tom, thanks for responding.  I’m at BA21 I can make calls if I’m close to my house through Wi-Fi.

Somerton area where I take my dog to agility training. My phone doesn’t work.  It has been l like this since I switched from 3 to iD.  I’m surprised as I never had any issues with 3.  And I knew ID used the 3 network which was one of the factors that I switched over to ID.  Plus my phone is now paid off and you offered a Amazon or Currys gift card.  I’m still persevering, reset etc.  I was waiting for a response from yourselves as I haven’t been able to use as a mobile.  I currently have 1 bar on signal strength but I’m still managing to message you from my home 

kind regards Sharon 

Userlevel 2

Hi Tom, just checked back with correspondence it was Kash who said he would get back to me. That was 7 days ago.  I appreciate it’s holiday season so didn’t expect a prompt response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Daisy4242,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?