Question

switching to ID from BT

• 20 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi I hope you lovely people can help me, so last week I got a new phone and I wanted the same number I have right now so am switching to ID Mobile from BT. When I did all the details for this new phone on contract I did the PAC to say I want my original phone number and when I did it, it says "on the 13th of July you will be switched to another provider" when the phone came ID Mobile sent me a new phone number when I did the PAC thingy and asked for the same phone number I have now. Am very concerned because I have proof that I did the PAC and told BT am switching over to ID Mobile, do I have to wait until the 13th of July? Do I call ID Mobile? Also what do I do with the new number that I don't want? Am very disabled and just hope I get some help and I would really appreciate it! 

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d suggest you contact the iD Vulnerable Customer Team @xcutiepielibbyx for assistance.  

Call the team on 0800 049 2376, so they can assess your situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi I hope you lovely people can help me, so last week I got a new phone and I wanted the same number I have right now so am switching to ID Mobile from BT. When I did all the details for this new phone on contract I did the PAC to say I want my original phone number and when I did it, it says "on the 13th of July you will be switched to another provider" when the phone came ID Mobile sent me a new phone number when I did the PAC thingy and asked for the same phone number I have now. Am very concerned because I have proof that I did the PAC and told BT am switching over to ID Mobile, do I have to wait until the 13th of July? Do I call ID Mobile? Also what do I do with the new number that I don't want? Am very disabled and just hope I get some help and I would really appreciate it! 

Hey @xcutiepielibbyx,

So if you selected 13th July as the requested switch date then this is when the switch will be set for.

We can cancel and submit at an earlier date if required but this has to be done by speaking to us.

If you want us to PM you here we can do so and discuss further.

You can also speak to the Vulnerable Customer Team who may be able to provide further support quicker.

Mohammed

Hey @xcutiepielibbyx,

So if you selected 13th July as the requested switch date then this is when the switch will be set for.

We can cancel and submit at an earlier date if required but this has to be done by speaking to us.

If you want us to PM you here we can do so and discuss further.

You can also speak to the Vulnerable Customer Team who may be able to provide further support quicker.

Mohammed

Thank you so much, how do I get to do it early? I have selective mutism so it's very difficult for me to speak on phone unfortunately. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @xcutiepielibbyx 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hi Tom, I did reply to you and waiting for your response. 

Hi @xcutiepielibbyx 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hi Tom, I did reply to you and waiting for your response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@xcutiepielibbyx,

We are working through all PM’s as quickly possible.

We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?