Question

text about pac code

• 23 August 2023
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 1

Received a text saying I requested pac code.Definitely not me requesting it.

19 replies

Userlevel 1

I received this text.

I’ve not requested any pac code.

tried contacting ID but just goes to the chatbot.

We have received your PAC request for the mobile number ending 3561

Your PAC is xxxxxxxx and will expire on 20/09/23. 

If you use this code today, your estimated final bill will be £0.00 (excluding any unbilled balance). If you don’t use this PAC before the expiry date, your iD Mobile plan will remain active, and you will continue to be billed as usual. 

If you didn't request this PAC, please contact us immediately.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Received a text saying I requested pac code.Definitely not me requesting it.

Okay @Strawberryfields1, this forum isn’t real time live chat with iD staff - they’ll usually only read the forum posts once-a-day, sometimes less frequently. 

To avoid the iD live chat bot, just type “talk to a person” after connecting, to speak to an agent.

Alternatively, get in-touch with iD customer service using Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM on social media.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 1

Hi , thanks for the reply.

Yes ,I understand this forum is not real time.I posted on here because I couldn’t seem to get past the chatbot.Thanks for your tip with that one.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Strawberryfields1

Did you manage to get in touch with the Live Chat team?

If you haven’t done so already, please do so as soon as possible. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Hi Nikhil.

Yes ,I managed to chat to a member of the team.

My number was being pac’d out,so just in time hopefully.

Advisor has passed on to technical team now to stop it and return number to me.

I don’t know how it’s come to this,as I’m quite stringent with my security and never click on links.

there was an odd call on Monday evening though.

rang just twice and stopped,but kicked in voicemail too.Very odd from a undisclosed number.

Userlevel 1

I have no service now on the ID sim.Good job I transferred all my important stuff onto a different number last night.Fraud squad need to be involved in this now.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That sounds frustrating - I think you can probably report this via the Action Fraud website @Strawberryfields1.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Strawberryfields1

Really sorry to hear this, but glad you took the relevant steps to protect your protect yourself by transferring your important information onto another number. 

As @andewhite stated, if you haven’t done so already, then file a report with Action Fraud. 

I’ll keep an eye on your case from my end and hopefully we’ll get this resolved soon. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Thanks.

yes I’ve contacted action fraud.

Id number gone now I think.

No service and can’t access my app either.

Userlevel 1

Just to add insult to injury,just had an email from ID with my final bill.

They’ve given my number away to a fraudster,given me sleepless nights and stress,wondering what’s going to happen next and have the nerve to send me this😡😡😡

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess your final bill is most likely produced automatically - a slap in the face and seemingly no help from iD. Perhaps @Nikhil P can assist with this @Strawberryfields1.

Userlevel 1

Luckily I was pretty clued up as to what was happening and transferred all of my major details to another phone number.

search sim swap fraud in google,it’s frightening,but it should never have got to that.

When I finally got to chat to someone,I had to provide account details,plus 4 digit pin .

How did these people get to swap without giving these details???

ID need an emergency number to dial in case of this,so that it can be stopped in it’s tracks,

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps someone could’ve hacked your online iD account, and requested a PAC via your hacked account. 

Did your SMS about switching tell you what to do if it wasn’t you requesting the PAC?

Userlevel 1

It said ,if it wasn’t you click here,but took you to chat bot.

Spent ages trying to find a number/contact to notify ID.

Went on to community and luckily someone said to type ‘speak to a person’ and finally got the ball rolling,but alas too late.

nowhere did it say to type that.

Userlevel 1

Sadly, this has happened to me twice with idmobile in the last 4 months. so stressful and frustrating. I had contacted via web chat and in person but I don’t believe they have a process in place to deal with it.   Neither route is effective as the webchat or online advisors are not able to do anything other than refer to a technical team who have a minimum turnaround time of 48 hours (although no one from technical ever did contact me!). By that time your number is gone!!
I had to chase through complaints and this forum to get any response. 

Very worryingly, this has happened twice with idmobile with different phone numbers.  Even when you get your number back I would be very cautious if using it as 2 factor authentication!

Also seems to be an increasing issue with idmobile looking at the forum 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sadly, this has happened to me twice with idmobile in the last 4 months. so stressful and frustrating. I had contacted via web chat and in person but I don’t believe they have a process in place to deal with it.   Neither route is effective as the webchat or online advisors are not able to do anything other than refer to a technical team who have a minimum turnaround time of 48 hours (although no one from technical ever did contact me!). By that time your number is gone!!
I had to chase through complaints and this forum to get any response. 

Very worryingly, this has happened twice with idmobile with different phone numbers.  Even when you get your number back I would be very cautious if using it as 2 factor authentication!

Also seems to be an increasing issue with idmobile looking at the forum 

Any idea about how your iD account was hacked, or your mobile number spoofed, @Jackys

Curious to know, if after your x2 incidents, you’re still using iD Mobile for mobile services @Jackys?

Userlevel 1

At the moment I haven’t got my number back and the hack is currently being investigated but I feel very uneasy about the security and the process for stopping pac fraud going forward.  
Hoping all is sorted soon but I am very wary about using this number for anything important. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

At the moment I haven’t got my number back and the hack is currently being investigated but I feel very uneasy about the security and the process for stopping pac fraud going forward.  
Hoping all is sorted soon but I am very wary about using this number for anything important. 

Seems like you’re going to need a bit of luck getting your ‘stolen’ number back @Jackys
🤞  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jackys 

I’m sorry to hear this, are you in contact with the team about this?

Please let us know so we can get in touch if needed.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?