Solved

Transferred from EE to ID, old number transferred but sending texts as temporary number & old number , HELP!

• 11 November 2022
  • 11 replies

I have transferred from EE to ID. It has taken over a week for the PUC code & for ID to successfully transfer/keep my old EE number. However, I am now having contacts receive texts from my old EE number which is correct, but also having contacts receive texts from the temporary ID number. I've restarted the phone twice. Please help as this is the phone I use for work and worry clients can't get hold of me. Thank you 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 28 November 2022, 11:41

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@EmilyK,

Firstly it’s worth checking that the correct number is showing under my number in your settings.

If it’s an iPhone that you are using, please could you try the below:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Kash

Hi Kash

Thank you for your response. 

My phone is a Samsung galaxy A53. I have checked my number in my settings and it is correct. But the problem has not been fixed

II'm still getting contacts saying they are receiving my texts from my temporary ID number and not the transfered number.

If you can help me further please.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This should stop happening if you TURN OFF the “Chat features” option in the Messages app on your Samsung.

Good luck @EmilyK

@andewhite Andewhite, that has worked! Thank you so much. I have been battling with this for over a month! Really appreciate the help! Have a good day 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@EmilyK,

Glad to hear that this is resolved, @andewhite thanks for your help with this one.

If you require any assistance, please let us know.

Kash

I have ported over my number from Three. On 2 occasions people have received using text the number that came with the phone. Not currently liking ID Mobile operation. This seems a common problem with ID Mobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @GoodyUK,

Sounds like an issue with the Messaging app and the settings that will need changing

Is this an iPhone or Android device?

Mohammed

I am also having this problem with a Google pixel phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@JohnJonesIDmobile,

Are you having the exact same issue?

Have you tried the steps that have been provided in this thread?

Kash

yes,

i have tried turning phone off, removing sim card and restarting.

there are no chat settings on Pixel messages.

i have changed the phone number in message settings, but this didnt work.

in General phone settings, there is no mobile number against my SIM card. 

It appears the PORT was only a partial success.

unable to contact via live chat as this also appears to be down.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @JohnJonesIDmobile 

In your Pixel the chat features section can be found in the stock Messages app if you;

Open up the app

Tap the top right

Message settings

Chat features should be at the top of the list, I’d recommend double checking this.

If you can’t see anything there, please let us know here so we can get in contact.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?