Solved

Transferring Number from One ID Mobile Contract to Another

I’m just brought a new sim as my contract has ended but i brought it on a different account, im unable to transfer my old number onto my new sim because the PAC code only works when transferring to a different provider

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 11 May 2022, 16:39

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

To keep the number you want, you’ll need to use the PAC to move to a different mobile provider.

Once that’s done, get another PAC to port your number back to the new iD account/SIM, where you want to use the number.

Use a pay-as-you-go plan somewhere else to make the port-out and port-in as cheap as possible.

Using a PAC has the advantage of closing the account you’re moving the number away from, so you don’t end-up needing to give notice to cancel.

Anyway, good luck.

Hi, thank you but i’m not transferring to another provider, just another account with ID mobile so the PAC code wouldn’t work 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You cannot transfer an iD Mobile number from one account to another. Either return the new SIM or do as @andewhite advised above and port out to another network and back to iD Mobile.

Userlevel 1

You cannot transfer an iD Mobile number from one account to another. Either return the new SIM or do as @andewhite advised above and port out to another network and back to iD Mobile.

a great way to do this is with a free sim from vodaphone

I have requested for the phone number transfer three days ago and still it’s not done.  there is no live direct cusotmer service phone where I could complain or get verification.  communication is very frustrating with iD mobile.  I manage to get hold of a Live webchat yesterday.  rep. completed the process again.  I was advised number will be transferred to iD by 10am today.  not happened yet.

Userlevel 3

I’m just brought a new sim as my contract has ended but i brought it on a different account, im unable to transfer my old number onto my new sim because the PAC code only works when transferring to a different provider

Hey there @KeeleyEva, as mentioned by @WelshPaul, you can’t port a number from one contract to another on mobile networks, our apologies for that. As mentioned also by @andewhite, the only way to do so is to port your number from your old/current account to another network, and then port it back to us to your new account. This would mean your old account would close down, and your number would then be on your new account.

The only way to change plans via ourselves and keep your phone number is to perform an upgrade via your account. If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

Thank you,

Tyler

I tried to do this but even though my number was switched over, it was still on my old account and wont let me use my PAC, this is still the same day it transferred my number over, will it just take time? Because I followed the exact steps of having a pay as you go Sims and my original SIM card doesn't work, and I can make calls using the number on my oas as you go, but it still won't let me 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I tried to do this but even though my number was switched over, it was still on my old account and wont let me use my PAC, this is still the same day it transferred my number over, will it just take time? Because I followed the exact steps of having a pay as you go Sims and my original SIM card doesn't work, and I can make calls using the number on my oas as you go, but it still won't let me 

Have you got two iD Mobile accounts, and are you trying to transfer the number you want to keep from the not wanted iD account, to the iD account you’re keeping @Jessica Harrison

Can you say how you’ve tried to do this step by step @Jessica Harrison?  

Have you got two iD Mobile accounts, and are you trying to transfer the number you want to keep from the not wanted iD account, to the iD account you’re keeping @Jessica Harrison

Can you say how you’ve tried to do this step by step @Jessica Harrison?  

First I bought the a new SIM with ID mobile on a new profile. Second I bought a pay as you go Sims from Vodafone, I requested my PAC number from my original account with my old SIM and number I wanted and they gave it to me. I used that and schedule a number transfer and that was successful and my number has been transferred to my Vodafone account today as of around 2pm. I assume my ID mobile account was closed. Lastly, I requested the PAC from Vodafone an got this, I then attempted to submit this to my new ID profile with the new SIM and it said my number was still on my old account and I couldnt use it. Is this a time issue, or am I done for 🤣

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Jessica Harrison, you shouldn’t be able to get a PAC on the day a number is being transferred.

Your iD account is closed the day after your number is ported away from iD.

Number transfers don’t happen immediately on the date they are scheduled to take place. There can be several hours or more between the old SIM becoming inactive, and the new SIM working with the number you want keep.

I’d suggest making sure everything works properly, before getting a PAC to port the number you want keep again.
🤞

Okay @KeeleyEva, you shouldn’t be able to get a PAC on the day a number is being transferred.

Your iD account is closed the day after your number is ported away from iD.

Number transfers don’t happen immediately on the date they are scheduled to take place. There can be several hours or more between the old SIM becoming inactive, and the new SIM working with the number you want keep.

I’d suggest making sure everything works properly, before getting a PAC to port the number you want keep again.
🤞

Okay I'll try again Monday or Tuesday 

Why iD Mobile?