Solved

Trouble transferring old number

• 1 December 2021
  • 11 replies

I have recently switched to ID mobile and submitted my PAC code last week. The switch was scheduled for yesterday however my old number hasn’t transferred. I am now unable to use text, iMessage or FaceTime. On settings it states ‘Verifying’ or ‘Activation Unsuccessful’. I have tried everything suggested on live chat but nothing has worked. 

icon

Best answer by Daniel Murphy 1 December 2021, 17:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Hollygarbett,

Welcome to the iD community.

If your old SIM is inactive, your port should have been completed, unless there’s been a ‘technical’ problem.

1. Is your old SIM inactive?
  2. When you call someone, what number is displayed on the receiving person’s handset?

You might be able to fix the issue by:

1. Sign-out from Apple ID on your phone.
  2. Turn OFF your phone.
  3. Sign-in at https://appleid.apple.com.
  4. Remove your iPhone device from your Apple ID account and sign-out.
  5. Sign-in at https://www.icloud.com and check your iPhone device is not listed.
  6. Turn ON your phone and sign-in using your Apple ID on your iPhone and re-check all the Settings.

Anyway, good luck.

Hello,

I have signed out of my apple ID however I am now unable to sign in to my apple ID as it requires a verification code and I cannot receive any text messages. 

I am also unable to access any other apps/accounts which require a verification code.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Hollygarbett,

Regarding Apple ID verification, you can get the code sent to an email address instead of an SMS alert. 

Userlevel 1

Hi,

It sounds like you might be having the same issue as me…

My number was supposed to port over yesterday too. Seems like the phone bit of the transfer has happened but the text message bit hasn’t. If you put your old SIM in your phone you might find the messages come through via your old provider.

I have tried contacting “help” via live chat but they are next to useless. They just tell me to wait until the end of today but it sounds like a stalling tactic to me, It shouldn’t take 2 days to port a number across. I suspect I will be having to contact them again tomorrow… :-(

Hi @andewhite 

I have tried to send the verification code via email however this isn’t working either. So I am now locked out of my Apple ID sccount.

I am unable to receive calls texts or iMessages. I am also unable to receive verification codes which means I am locked out of all my accounts including my online banking and work email. I need this to be resolved ASAP. 

I can’t get in touch with anyone at ID except via the live chat which isn’t helpful.

@Daniel Murphy 

Yes it sounds like we are having the same problem! I have also tried the live chat but it was useless. I submitted my PAC code last week and it still hasn’t been resolved!! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi @andewhite 

I have tried to send the verification code via email however this isn’t working either. So I am now locked out of my Apple ID sccount.

I am unable to receive calls texts or iMessages. I am also unable to receive verification codes which means I am locked out of all my accounts including my online banking and work email. I need this to be resolved ASAP. 

I can’t get in touch with anyone at ID except via the live chat which isn’t helpful.

Okay @Hollygarbett, iD only provide online support.

Without moving to another provider, your best option is the Live Chat service.

To avoid the 24/7 chat-bot, type-in “talk to a person” after you get connected. There are iD agents helping 9am to 8pm weekdays - good luck. 

Userlevel 1

Is your old provider Vodafone?

I just tried Live Chat again (third time today) and this is what they said…

“our technical team has notified us that there has been an issue identified with the ports in to and from with Vodafone, we are in contact with Vodafone to resolve the issue. We will send you a text message once the issue has been resolved. I do apologise for the inconvenience.”

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing @Daniel Murphy.

Thank you! Yes I am also with vodafone! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Hollygarbett & @Daniel Murphy,

As Livechat have advised, we did have an issue with Vodafone number ports, however that has now been resolved.

Are you both sorted now, or are you still experiencing any issues? If so, please do let us know and we’ll pick it up with you ASAP.

Will

Why iD Mobile?