Solved

Trouble with new sim

• 2 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I've been having trouble when i text people.

My number got transferred over a couple of days ago but when i text,its coming up as the number i got with the sim and not my transferred  number?

Yes my number does show up on my phone and on my sim.

I spoke to chat but they weren't no help.

I was told to remove the sim etc,

Reset to default access point names,i even changed  the messages app but it didnt help.

Ive just spent about 2+ hrs resetting the phone to nothing and that appears to have worked for now.

What is the issue if it happens again without me having to reset the phone from scratch?

I've gone from a network that had great telephone support to a network with no telephone support and a live chat that dont know much apart from telling me to wait 48hrs.

icon

Best answer by surfin 3 November 2023, 11:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re in your cooling off period, you can always return your order to go back to the network with great telephone support.

Are you using an iPhone or Android device?

Userlevel 2
Badge

If you’re in your cooling off period, you can always return your order to go back to the network with great telephone support.

Are you using an iPhone or Android device?

Yes i know but they wanted more money hence the reason for leaving.

Android system.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @surfin, other forum members have found the following helped in this situation: 

1. Turn OFF RCS chats (“Chat features”) in the Google Messages app.
  2. Turn OFF your handset and carefully remove the SIM card.
  3. Check there aren’t any fingerprints on your iD SIM card, nor any damage, before carefully re-inserting the SIM card.
  4. Turn ON your handset.
  5. Turn ON RCS chats (“Chat features”). 

This issue seems to happens when a customer joins iD, and uses their new iD SIM card before the number they want to keep is transferred to iD. Google then link the device to the mobile number iD issued for the new connection, not the number you want to keep.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Okay @surfin, other forum members have found the following helped in this situation: 

3. Check there aren’t any fingerprints on your iD SIM card, nor any damage, before carefully re-inserting the SIM card.
  4. Turn ON your handset.

This issue seems to happens when a customer joins iD, and uses their new iD SIM card before the number they want to keep is transferred to iD. Google then link the device to the mobile number iD issued for the new connection, not the number you want to keep.

Cheers for that reply Andewhite.

I did fix the problem by resetting the phone/wiping it.

If only i had your reply last night 🤣😂😅😄😃

😀

Shame no one on iD mobile chat even came close to a fix.

Clueless is the word i think I'm looking for. 🤔 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @surfin, other forum members have found the following helped in this situation: 

4. Turn ON your handset.

Cheers for that reply @andewhite 

😀

Unfortunately, iD staff usually only read user posts once a day, sometimes less frequently, @surfin

For a faster response from iD, use their online live chat, or privately message them on their social media channels using Facebook Messenger or X(Twitter) DM.

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays - 6pm at weekends.

Userlevel 2
Badge

4. Turn ON your handset.

Cheers for that reply @andewhite 

😀

Unfortunately, iD staff usually only read user posts once a day, sometimes less frequently, @surfin

For a faster response from iD, use their online live chat, or privately message them on their social media channels using Facebook Messenger or X(Twitter) DM.

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays - 6pm at weekends.

It was live chat i went to 3 times before i decided to wipe my phone as i got no fix from them.

All sorted now anyway,so happy.

All the best 👍 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah, unfortunately iD live chat can be like a lottery. 
Sometimes it seems agents barely understand the question/s. 
IMO, the iD social media channels have the best customer support iD Mobile has on offer.

Why iD Mobile?