Question

Unable to connect while roaming

• 21 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi, I’m in South Africa and I’m unable to use my phone.

I have enabled roaming (both on my ID account and iPhone) but it does not work. I have attempted to connect directly to both VodaCom and MTN, both don’t work. Reading other articles and I need to input my APN setting, but there is no option to allow me to do so. Apple say that if this option is not available then to contact your carrier.

Then to add to the pain, I’m unable to gain access to the online chat help as the button does not work on either my iPad or Phone….

Please help me asap, I need my phone to get around (Uber) and also to keep in contact with my family…

:(

3 replies

Also, what’s really strange is that the ID Mobile app is working from my phone when no other apps are able to connect. :rage:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jimbobpop,

Roaming is chargeable in South Africa, do you have a cap on your account?

Secondly it may be worth deleting the current APN profile and setting it up again.

Kash

I had the same problem in Portugal last year, I couldn’t get any help from ID, there was something about changing APN settings, but there was no option to do that on my iPhone X, so I ended up with a paperweight! ID customer service is frankly useless!

Why iD Mobile?