Question

unable to make international calls / send text messages.

• 9 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi , wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues. I am making alot of international calls to Australia at the moment from the Uk in regards to work. Making calls has been absolutly fine up until tonight where I am getting an automated message stating ‘my service does not allow access to this number’ despite being on the phone to it for 48 minutes a couple of days ago. 

I am also noticing that my text messages are not sending to any australian number and yet- I am still being charged for them? last week I attempted to send a message three times, each time coming uo ‘failed to send’ the recipient has stated that they have not recieved the message and yet- on my phone bill, I have been charged three times for sending a message that never sent? This is not the first time either, no messages have sent but It looks like I am being charged for attempting to send them? Its too late to talk to anyone now and due to work I am currently running on Australian time which makes it difficult. I am supposed to be using my phone from 23:00 until 7am and I cant because it’s not working. I am not happy.

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you reached the bill cap for your iD account @Abbie.s?
Once you reach this account limit you won’t be able to make international call et cetera.

Hi, 

I still had £19.80 left on the bill cap. I tried resetting it and trying again but still not working. 

The calls seem to be working now however the texts are not and I am still being billed for those not sending. grr. I'll have to stay awake until the online chat turns back on. In all fairness to ID, they do have good customer service so I'm not worried about them not being able to help it's just super annoying and very inconvenient.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @Abbie.s, it’s frustrating when things don’t work as expected.

Unfortunately, mobile networks cannot guarantee an SMS (text message) will be delivered.
You’re charged for sending texts, even if they’re not delivered. It’s basically covered in section 4 of the iD terms & conditions, which states “The Services are not guaranteed to be fault free and...”. 

Nevertheless, I hope you get things sorted @Abbie.s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Abbie.s 

Did you manage to get through to our chat and have your issue looked into or resolved?

Let us know if you’d prefer us to get in contact here via private message so we can assist.

Tom

Ever since I have been on ID I haven’t been able to send my brother in Australia text message why? I can text him on payg on o2 but never on my ID account

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sending a text to Australia is not included in your texts allowance. If your account’s bill cap is too low, you won’t be able to send one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Blondeshavefun,

Welcome to the Community!

Let us know if you still require assistance and we can help you out, however the cap increase should fix the issue.

Kash

Am having same issues except I’m trying to text a French mobile number 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Steveam65,

Are you using the correct dialling code for French numbers?

Have you also got international calling setup?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?