unable to sync number

• 16 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I have transferred my previous number to my phone, however it will not sync up

Lauren 3 months ago

Hi @Rebecca Mason. If you’re having issues updating your number in your phone settings, you will be able to try either of the below options depending on if you’re using an iPhone or an android device. Resetting your network settings can also particularly help if your number is stuck on ‘verifying’.

For iPhone:

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:" If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again. Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For android:

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number. Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this.

-Lauren

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just try turning your phone off overnight, and then try again in the morning, @Rebecca Mason

🍀

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Rebecca Mason. If you’re having issues updating your number in your phone settings, you will be able to try either of the below options depending on if you’re using an iPhone or an android device. Resetting your network settings can also particularly help if your number is stuck on ‘verifying’.

For iPhone:

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number

5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)

6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:" If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again. Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For android:

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number. Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?