Solved

unlock

• 31 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I am currently on voxi and have had a SIM only deal with them for over a year. The phone was bought second hand but is locked up Vodafone.. Voxi won't unlock the phone as I never bought it from them and I can't use my new idmobile SIM.

Is there any way round this?

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 31 August 2023, 12:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If the phone was originally sold by Vodafone, they should be able to unlock the device for you @rrankin546.

Yes but they want the phone number of the original owner and security questions.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What phone is it? Take it to one of those corner shops or stalls that offer mobile unlocking. iD Mobile won’t be able to unlock it!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Assuming the handset was first purchased directly from Vodafone, perhaps you can order a PAYG SIM card from Vodafone - without a bundle - then sign-up for your online account, and finally request your NUC (Network Unlock Code).

Otherwise, take your chances with one of the many online and high street operators who’ll claim they can unlock your handset.

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @rrankin546 

Sorry to hear this, the original owner of the device would indeed need to contact the network they purchased from to unlock the device, we would only be able to unlock devices locked by us.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?