Question

URGENT "Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number"

• 16 January 2024
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been getting this issue for a couple of days on and off but today it has happening on every phone call

I have tried 0800, 01235, 03456, 07896 all ahve the same issue

I have tried rebooting my phone, checking for and updating any outstanding software on the phone. All is uptodate and freshly rebooted issue still happening.

24 replies

Userlevel 1

seems to be happening quicker less than 70 seconds..

so getting worse 

Userlevel 1

OK so just to test this gets even worse i tried it on web only call and it still cut me off but with no message this time

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Other forum members are posting with similar service issues, @Dittytwo
It appears iD Mobile might have a network problem. 

Have you spoken to iD support using the real-time iD Live Chat service? 

Userlevel 1

This is happening on every phone call I make today!

:(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dittytwo 

Sorry to hear this, the team are aware of this issue and are investigating this urgently.

Tom

Same problem here, so annoying. This is firs and last time I'm using ID mobile, in dew months I have renewal. Will return to Vodafone, better pay a bit extra then consrant problems with network. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Same problem here, so annoying. This is first and last time I'm using ID mobile, in few months I have renewal. Will return to Vodafone, better pay a bit extra then constant problems with network. 

Vodafone and Three UK (the iD Mobile network provider) are currently merging their UK businesses (subject to regulatory approval). 

I wonder how this will affect Vodafone customers, should the merger be allowed?

Same problem here, so annoying. This is first and last time I'm using ID mobile, in few months I have renewal. Will return to Vodafone, better pay a bit extra then constant problems with network. 

Vodafone and Three UK (the iD Mobile network provider) are currently merging their UK businesses (subject to regulatory approval). 

Hopefully in better way, I had Vodafone for 4 years, minimum problems good coverage, but then took ID mobile thinking why pay more and now I clearly see why

This is happening to my phone too today ,no access to this service’  it is so frustrating 😢

Same issue. 

Same issue 

Userlevel 1

Had this happen several times today. Including whilst on a 999 call this morning, trying to report a car crash on a motorway roundabout. Cheers then iD... 

Same here, . .disconnected 3 times after re-attempting from a call once I get what seems like a couple mins in (and only the last 3rd occasion did I hear the message : “."Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number".  & hence managed to find this thread.

Ive just joined ID Mobile a couple weeks ago.
1) Voicemail speed dial doesnt work as per the ID Mobile sim hard coded some issue or another.
2) now this call disconnecting saga ...

I was on Lebara (piggy backs off Vodafone) previously and no such issues.   

ID Mobile - cheaper deals are clearly not always better :-(   

Same issue and it appears to have happened over the years when searching today to find out what the problem is!  Can’t see any solution or way to contact ID mobile on the app.

Userlevel 1

Same issue and it appears to have happened over the years when searching today to find out what the problem is!  Can’t see any solution or way to contact ID mobile on the app.

I contacted iD on live chat. To get a stock reply .. "Yes this is an issue affecting a large number of users. The issue has been escalated to our service partner. Sorry for any inconvenience caused" 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hopefully in better way, I had Vodafone for 4 years, minimum problems good coverage, but then took ID mobile thinking why pay more and now I clearly see why

I guess everyone places a value on stuff, and although no-frills iD Mobile might be cheaper, perhaps they are less reliable, @Tolly Zgama

Same issue but only when calling my mum's landline. Cuts us off after 3 mins. Only started happening in the last week or so. Doesn't make a difference if she rings me or I ring her.

Userlevel 1

Same issue. Currently waiting on live chat - 29 minute wait time.  Not good when on hold to companies, only to be cut off regularly.

Userlevel 1

This is the reply I have received from live chat:

I appreciate your patience, Karen. Regrettably, it seems there is an issue with the calling system. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our technical staff is actively working on resolving this matter, and we kindly request your understanding and allow 24 to 48 hours for the necessary adjustments to be made. Thank you for your cooperation.

Are there any new developments with this problem. 

This is still happening. They should at least send us a text message telling us this is a problem. Yesterday I had to call a contact centre and the call kept hanging up which I thought it was a problem with the contact centre. A few times I got the “sorry” message and thought of googling it. Interestingly I had a 3 prepay simcard and that worked fine. Which is weird because it is the same network.

Suffice to say given the level of non comms, I don’t think I will be renewing.

Had the same issue a few weeks ago, cured, but just started again this morning ....help

I’m having the same issue. I only moved to ID Mobile a couple of months ago and have had nothing but problems. Now every call I’m on, I’m being cut off with this message. Really annoyed that I moved networks now and will probably be stuck with them for 2 years! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi,

The issue has now been resolved and calls should be working as normal.

Please restart your handset and try again.

If the issue isn’t resolved, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?