Solved

urgent switching total confusion

• 8 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Completed pac request online, confirmed in invoice

Then received transaction code for switching email. 

Link says it's been used 

Then received a new SIM card

Will the switch just happen on my current SIM card or do I need to put the new SIM card in ???

Totally confused. Switch is today. 

Tried logging into to my account but it will only accept my new id  number not my switching one. So I can't set this up either.

So confusing ????

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Ellie222 8 February 2024, 12:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Ellie222, if your switch is today, then your old service provider’s SIM card should stop working at some point this morning.

Switches in the UK don’t happen immediately, so it might take several hours or more before the number you wanted to keep works with your new iD SIM card. 

When I switched to iD, my old provider’s SIM stopped working around 11am, and my switch was completed around 3:30pm.

After your switch has completed, I’d suggest waiting a day or two before trying to register for your iD online account. The different iD systems seem to take awhile to sync-up with the online portal.

🍀

Hello @andewhite thanks for the response 

My network still says Vodafone 

Does it just stop and  say ID ?

Or does it stop then I have to put the new SIM card in and wait ? 

Never done this before !!!

Thank you 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Ellie222, on the day you scheduled for your switch, your new provider (iD Mobile) tells your old provider (Vodafone) the switch is taking place.

Your old provider should then disable your old SIM, and send information about your mobile number etcetera to your new provider. 

Once your Vodafone SIM has stopped working, you can put your new iD Mobile SIM in your phone. 

This forum article might help in this situation. 

@andewhite thank you. I understand now !!

It's been very confusing with the long list of emails from ID. 

That makes total sense now. I really appreciate your response. Very kind 👍🏻👍🏻

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Why iD Mobile?