Solved

USA Travel

• 17 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Quite a simple question, 

I'm off on my holibobs to the US (Los Angeles )  next month is the USA a  “can roam like at home” destination (like it used to be on the parent network Three) 

Cheers 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 29 June 2023, 21:06

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Fozzer 

You can find all of our Roaming information in our Community article below:

And also on the iD Mobile website > Mobile Roaming - Inclusive EU Roaming | iD Mobile Network

Hope this helps,

Emil

Cheers so it's a no then...

Userlevel 1

Why don't you just say'no' rather than that very unhelpful comment?

Basically you just told him to 'go and look it up'. Maybe Id are a little embarrassed that their roaming plans don't include USA like others do. It would also have been more useful for you to suggest the best way to use data whilst there, eg are there add-ons you can buy etc. I know, I know, I can go and look it up. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Basically you just told him to 'go and look it up'. Maybe Id are a little embarrassed that their roaming plans don't include USA like others do. It would also have been more useful for you to suggest the best way to use data whilst there, eg are there add-ons you can buy etc. I know, I know, I can go and look it up. 

iD Mobile don’t sell an add-on for international use. 
I doubt iD are embarrassed about their roaming services - iD have roaming partners for most countries around the world.

If you’re outside the EU, you’re effectively using PAYG for roaming.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I can only but apologise that the answer wasn’t as helpful.

We provided the link as it indicates the inclusive destinations should you want to enquire about other countries or want to see which countries are included.

Mohammed

The fact that there is no add on for data roaming g in USA is reason to return to EE. What a pity. Are the costs huge for data roaming g in USA? My 15 year old is going to New York on a Summer Academy. I’m concerned that she’ll run up a huge bill. Is the only answer to stay within Wi-Fi areas? Will ID plan allow her to use current data as long as it is with Wi-Fi? Sorry if this is s silly question ! 🙈

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Click on the link posted by @Emil above and you will get up-to-date information on what is and isn’t included when travelling to the states. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pauline Moriarty 

Unfortunately we don’t offer any add ons for roaming, to avoid high bill charges while roaming in the USA we’d recommend checking your bill cap and adjusting to a comfortable amount.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?