very poor customer care beware

• 7 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Like many I was attracted by the competitive price plans for I’d mobile, however I now wish I had never tried them.

I ported my number to them last Monday morning and was told my number would port the next day by 6pm. It is now Friday evening and have spoken via chat several times they all say the problem is with their technical support and there is nothing they can do. I even managed to chat to a so called manager who told me there is nothing they can do.

If you need your number for business or god forbid medical consultations or to access financial banks or apps, I urge you to think again. You will get no support or an inkling of when your problem might be solved, avoid!!

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Ahh, split port… Sucks! Happened to me earlier this week too when porting a number from EE to LycaMobile. Unfortunately it can take a good 72 hours to resolve because the gaining provider has to contact and wait for the losing provider to do their bit in sending over all the relevant files again. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your explanation which despite several hours chatting, id could not give. If they had given this explanation I would have been a little bit less upset by the problem. I hope it is as you describe and I will eventually get my number back for the above reasons. Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Riley01,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that this is resolved but please let us know if you are still having issues.

Kash

Userlevel 1

What exactly did you help me with Kash? Your company's customer service team needs to be scrapped and one for for purpose created. Hope this answer helps you Kash.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Riley01,

My colleague isn’t saying he helped you resolve this, he has simply advised that he hopes it has since been resolved.

If you are still having issues, as above, please let us know and we will try to assist further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Shouldn't he check himself to see if it was resolved Mohamed? This would be good customer service!

The fact is it is I who resolved the issue by expending hours over many days persisting with ineffectual customer service agents till something was done.

I don't take kindly to your platitudes and your pretence ID cares that much weather my issue was resolved, go and find out!

Have a good day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Riley01,

We are sorry for the issues that you had.

We were checking if this was resolved and we would only know from your response as we replied after 4 days.

We can’t access your account without security being completed first.

If you would like us to take a look into this please let us know here and we will PM you.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?