Question

very slow/non existant 4g speed

• 10 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve just joined IDmobile and have very slow or non existent mobile data. Speed tests show rubbish speed even though my usage shows data being used.

this is the latest speed check I’ve done and to say I’m not happy is an understatement! 

anyone have any clues?

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I’ve always found 4G speeds to be poor when using the THREE network and any MVNO that uses the THREE network to provide a service. There is nothing you can do other than to check the iD Mobile coverage map and network status page for known issues. You can do both here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

If there are no known issues @Kernow, then maybe cancel under the cooling off period.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kernow,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing coverage issues.

As @WelshPaul advised you can check the coverage in the area.

If you have any issues you can return your contract within 30 days if you purchased directly from us.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thank you.

unfortunately it is still an issue despite trying a new SIM card and different phone, and not any signal issues according to the website, so I’m leaving and going back to a previous company whose card worked on my phone.

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Kernow, we’re very sorry to hear this, but we wish you all the best with your new network, and apologise sincerely that it didn’t work out with ourselves.

Kind regards,

Tyler

Why iD Mobile?