Solved

voice call delay or first few spoken words missed

• 5 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I only make voice calls these days when calling a service or bank etc. 

recently when making these calls, I’ve noticed one of two problems:

• a voice delay of 3-5seconds. This happens in both sides of the conversation and has made it very difficult to discuss mortgage details with my lender
  • the first few words that I say are chopped of. When this occurs, the first few words of everything I say is chopped off so the person on the other end of the call cannot hear what I’m saying. For example, I say: hello it’s Ryan here. They may just hear: here. 

• other times, it is perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever.

i have tried my sim in my wife’s phone and made a call with no issues.

i use my phone to make Facebook messenger or WhatsApp calls often, and have never experienced this.

im wondering if a replacement sim (with the same number) could be ordered to see if that solves the issue?

it’s worth mentioning also, I use an iPhone 13, which is 18months along, but is kept well. It’s always been in a case. I’ve been on IDMobile for 4-5years too with no issues, across 3 devices.

icon

Best answer by Kash 6 February 2024, 14:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4

This definitely a network issue how long has this been happening for? 

Try this see if there are any reports issue with service in your area  https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

Also turn your devices off and back on wait for about 2 minutes before turning device back on.

Also see if you have the same problem on WiFi calling for this you'll need a WiFi connection.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/WiFi-calling

Also if you prefer use the Life Chat option but in the message box type in "Talk to a person" . This should be quicker than typing a full on message in the message box and getting replies via a Bot. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much for the message.

It seems my coverage is good in Tadley, Hampshire.

Ive had wifi calls enabled for a long time, but a week back I disabled it, but have since experienced the same issue.

id say this has been happening since August.

would a replacement SIM card fix it?

I have restarted my iPhone but not waited 2 mins, so I will do that now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ryan Jones,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like it may be an issue with the SIM or coverage.

However as you advised that the SIM worked without any issues in your wife’s phone it may be handset/SIM issue.

You can collect a replacement SIM free of charge from your local Curry’s store and activate it via the app.

If you require one to be sent to you, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

It’s a bit hard to test the sim in my wife’s phone. The issue doesn’t happen on each phone call.

i tried 2 phone calls with my sim in my wife’s phone, and didn’t have an issue in either. But because the issue doesn’t happen each time, I can’t safely say it’s not a SIM issue.

I’ll pop along to my local currys store on my way home from work today, and collect a new SIM.

can I easily transfer the number across? And how long does that take?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It’s a bit hard to test the sim in my wife’s phone. The issue doesn’t happen on each phone call.

i tried 2 phone calls with my sim in my wife’s phone, and didn’t have an issue in either. But because the issue doesn’t happen each time, I can’t safely say it’s not a SIM issue.

I’ll pop along to my local currys store on my way home from work today, and collect a new SIM.

can I easily transfer the number across? And how long does that take?

There’s no need to transfer your number across, @Ryan Jones.

Your existing mobile number will be assigned to the replacement iD SIM card, once it’s been activated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ryan Jones,

If you have any issues activating the SIM, please let us know and we can PM you to activate it.

Once the SIM is activated your number will work with that SIM.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks everyone for the help, I’ve been into curry’s tonight to pick up a new sim, I’ve activated it and am using it now.

Ive had 1 phone call so far, issue free.

time will tell if its really resolved, since it was intermittent before, but I’m happy to close this off now.

thanks again for the help

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @andewhite,

Glad to hear that it seems to be resolved for now.

If the issue occurs again we are always here to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?