Solved

When will Motorola Edge 30 receive Android 13?

• 7 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

I appreciate that Android version releases can take a while to reach all qualifying devices, but it's a regular frustration when certain manufacturers hardly release any relevant information relating to upcoming or future releases of the Android operating system.

Although Motorola have confirmed which of their devices will receive this update, the Motorola Edge 30 being one such device, they have to date not given any date when this update will be pushed out, why?

These manufacturers are always keen to advertise their products, to produce sales, but the lack of relevant information relating to future security patches and Android updates is extremely disappointing!

As such, despite liking my Motorola Edge 30, I will be very reluctant in moving to any other Motorola device in the future.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 January 2023, 15:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 3

One of the hallmarks of Motorola tbh. I loved the device itself back when I had one, but updates were few and far between, even security updates. 

That said, it doesn't have much to do with the network you're using, including iD.

Userlevel 3

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.
I agree, it's a poor show and Motorola won't be winning too many new fans!
Yes, ID Mobile aren't at fault here, I posted my question in the hope that someone may be able to shed some light on this matter, I know that manufacturers do occasionally notice threads on these community forums and react to them, so here's hoping.
All the best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I concur with @legerdemain,

Motorola have some really good priced and decent handsets but software updates are just slow over the board. Hopefully you’ll get the update or Motrola somehow stumble upon this and can push it out.

If Motrola have their own forum board it may be worth posting there too.

Mohammed

Userlevel 3

Thanks Mohammed.

That's a very good suggestion, and I will certainly go and take a look to see if Motorola have their own forum or similar, for me to post my original question there.

I am completely new to all of this, which is why I posted here, as it's the only place that I have any previous knowledge of.

All the best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks Mohammed.

That's a very good suggestion, and I will certainly go and take a look to see if Motorola have their own forum or similar, for me to post my original question there.

I am completely new to all of this, which is why I posted here, as it's the only place that I have any previous knowledge of.

All the best.

Completely understandable!

Better to get the word out at multiple sources just incase anyway 🙂

If you ever hear back from Motorola, feel free to update this post also!

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Thanks Mohammed.

All the best.

Motorola was taken over by Lenovo and their community forums are here: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Motorola-Community/ct-p/MotorolaCommunity

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks @WelshPaul  I didn’t even know that 😂

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?